Hi every one
I'm not much for words so here is a pic of what I'm up to
I did build a motorbike in England in 2004 out of a lawnmower motor
thanks for all the clues from you guys

Attachments

• bik2.jpg
    bik2.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 118
Hybrid!!! DIY Stoke monkey setup by the looks, i think loosing the the carby connection to the 'air box/battery enclosure' would be a better way too go (if you already haven't?) Will be somewhat restricted when the container is filled with more than 3 headway cells?

Awesome job though would LOVE to do a Hybrid myself the whole legality thing with 49cc in OZ puts me off though...over volted electrics tend to 'fly under the radar' more so i think...

KiM

p.s Welcome to the forum

here is another pic more when I get it together, using a felt frame
hi aussie where did you get your pulleys for you chopper I need a 140mm or 88tooth 5mm pitch for the belt-drive from IC motor

Attachments

• bik3.jpg
    bik3.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 103
  • hot wheels.jpg
    hot wheels.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,395
Doubt you will find a 88 tooth 5mm pitch junme...the large one im using for the rear
wheel is a 'V' pulley i have turned down on the metal lathe and will be adding my oen teeth using the method outline in my worklog. I will be doing that over the weekend actually, picked up the resing yesterday for the teeth :) Larges 5mm pitch is something like 5-6 inch diameter..

KiM

like to see how that goes, have heard of glueing a belt on but that makes more sense thanks for reminding me.
now you got me thinking maybe I can get the same size belt as the pulley and pour the whole pulley

Last edited:
No need to wait there is pictures on my worklog it has been done and it has proven successful my mate has been riding on it for ~6 months now its still as good as the day he did it :) Its not any 'run of the mill' epoxy like Araldite either its industrial strength product not available from any old Hardware, resin and fiberglass suppliers carry it. Heavy duty epoxy...Also, this isn't a 'first' it is a proven method been done for years apparently.

KiM

p.s heres my mate Matts worklog for his build, you can see pics there of his pulley on his ride

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10337

If it stands up to the motor he is running will be easy strong enough for these china motors.

Last edited:
Back