Hi -- from the So. Ca. mountains

HI Mountainman - If you are retired and I will guess you are at the age of retirement you have the (Age Free Pass), I mean the cop will look at you and go "Its an old guy" comes with the territory. The more the thing looks like a bicycle the better, I have one that is chancy at best, and will do near 40, the law is 29MPH. I would not worry I have a class A-M1 and I never get to use it. You are going to have a blast with your new ride. I'm up here in Long Beach, we go up and down the river path's. Have fun, Dave

PS: What bike are you going to use? My next is going to be a Recumbent.

I would lean towards a chain drive as it is so efficient and has no real loss of power. Friction is the worst offender for loss of power due to slippage, especially if wet. I went with a Staton drive also. Glad you both are here. You will like the community I think...;)

Hi Feng --- yes, bought mine from Station-Inc. also.. Ordered it just a couple of days before I found this site.. Price seemed to be pretty fair. From the way in which the specks read, should be fairly long lasting...and give us some good service. HAPPY RIDING FENG -- from Mountainman

Feng and Mountainman, I have the Robin-Subaru 35cc on a 26" mountain bike...could that be the same motor as the one you've ordered?

Anyways, I got the California DMV registration form with the questionnaire....like: does it run 30mph? Yeah, unfortunately because I weigh 155 lbs, the bike really goes. So they consider mine a moped. Already have an M1 on my driver's license...Moped registration costs $18.00 a year in Southern California. Oh well, at least if I get stopped, I've covered my rear end. Now I gotta ask my insurance company if I have to insure it.

Hi Mark,

I'm 220 right now and my bike is 45 lbs before water, lock, lights, bell and underseat storage bag for my gold bullion. I can't imagine I'll get pulled over for speeding.

Hi Mark -- although new to this -- sounds like the same motor -- although the specks said 33.5 not 35.. Does your's rub on the wheel ? Mine will be. If so - how is that tire holding up ? Happy riding from Mountainman

Lennyharp -- yes you are all so right --- I had better get ready to be buying many tires !!! I went with this model thinking that the cops -- might not catch their eye ---- hoping anyway... No drivers license ! Happy riding from Mountainman

subaru and drive system

:cool: Mountainman, I've got that geared belt drive system from Golden Eagle Bike Engines (gebe). It's holding up real well; no problem at all except if I get a flat :( I have to take off the engine/mount, kill switch wire, throttle cable link, and chain. So, to lessen the odds of getting a flat, I went to walmart and bought one of those "Slime" brand "Smart inner tubes" that are 5x thicker than regular inner tubes; and it has that bright green tire sealant inside.

Feng, just make sure those gold bullions are nice and secure :D ha-ha!
I was really surprised i got to 30 mph. 20 is scary fast already, and i'm perfectly happy cruising at 18mph.

Guys, when you get your kits delivered to your door, howabout a photodocumentary on the build?

:cool: Mountainman, I've got that geared belt drive system from Golden Eagle Bike Engines (gebe). It's holding up real well; no problem at all except if I get a flat :( I have to take off the engine/mount, kill switch wire, throttle cable link, and chain. So, to lessen the odds of getting a flat, I went to walmart and bought one of those "Slime" brand "Smart inner tubes" that are 5x thicker than regular inner tubes; and it has that bright green tire sealant inside.

Feng, just make sure those gold bullions are nice and secure :D ha-ha!
I was really surprised i got to 30 mph. 20 is scary fast already, and i'm perfectly happy cruising at 18mph.

Guys, when you get your kits delivered to your door, howabout a photodocumentary on the build?

Mark -- thank you for the information --- dang - my wife just called me from Wal-Mart an hour or so ago -- I could have had her pick me up some SLIME !!! That's a good idea... from, Mountainman

Back