hi guys......newb here!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by danielson, Jan 18, 2008.

1. danielson

danielson New Member

hi guys,
    im a newb to forums and motors, after reading a few threads on this site i decided to buy a motor kit off ebay (48cc). now its in my hands and i plan to put it on my schwinn chopper!!!. i will let yall know how it goes!

2. Hollywood

Hollywood Guest

WELCOME TO MBc.For a first build schwinn choppers (OCC TYPE) can be a challenge with the motor mount and rear sprocket.Im sure you will find the help at MBc.

3. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc.

4. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D

5. danielson

danielson New Member

Hi, thanx for the warm welcoming!.

hey guys thanx for the welcoming!.
    i have a small problem that i need a little help with!
    problem is mounting the engine, i looked into importing a mount from ebay (U.S) i am in Australia and no one here makes and sells any and it would cost too much in shipping just for one motor mount!. so any ideas on how to mount the engine to bike would be great!.

Schwinn occ chopper, 48cc ebay engine kit http://www.zbox.com.au/skystarF50.htm
    44tooth sprocket.

6. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc, there should be plenty of info thru out the Frame Mounted section.

7. mickey

mickey Guest

Welcome aboard.

8. danielson

danielson New Member

thanx guys

9. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to the tribe from the Giant Side of Texas!

10. danielson

danielson New Member

ive just made my own engine mount, gonna post some pics soon!

11. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

G'day man and welcome to MBc.
    Do that(post pics) and if u get into any trouble just ask in the appropriate section,but it's VERY important to READ through previous threads.Not only for mounting the engine but for mechanical help which your certain to need when u start to get it running.....it's all a good learning curve.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2008
  12. danielson

danielson New Member

finished!!! now i gota learn how to upload pics!

13. danielson

danielson New Member

its alive!

thanx for all the help guys!, could not have done without!....
    mbc rocks!
    i took her for the the first test run and all seems ok:grin:, still abit of work to do.
    just couldnt get the revs to idle with the clutch in!
    anyways have a look.
    p.s her name is Roxanne!.

Attached Files:

14. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Nice Stingray! I'm in love with those things. Looks like you removed your rear breaks did you replace them with a coaster brake? I think you need at least a rear reflector to be street legal, shouldnt be hard to throw one on. I was able to clear the rear fender on mine by cutting a chunk out of the front left portion so the chain wouldnt rub or catch. Looks great the only thing I dont like is the smokestack. It needs either a long pipe or you could at least point it down. If its not clearing the pedals theres a thread around here that describes the best way to bend an exhaust.
    Nice work, good to see another 'ray motored especially since they're discontinued and all. Be safe watch out for sand on the road while turning with that long rake. have had a few close calls myself on an XL.

15. mickey

mickey Guest

Stingray's are cool. Great job.

16. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Welcome to Mbc. Very nice bike. Interesting muffler config.

17. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

OHH! Danielson, Wax on, Wax off! Looks great. Those stings look like they are made for the Happy Time motor.

18. danielson

danielson New Member

thanx for the coments guys!. i removed the back brakes to make things easier!. probably should have worked around them!. yeah im gonna have to check out them threads about bending exhaust pipes!, the fumes kill me!.