hi guys

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bobby-brazil, Aug 14, 2008.

1. bobby-brazil

bobby-brazil New Member

anywho, i am Robert, i live in lakewood,ca. after about 5 years of talking about it and collecting various bits and pieces i decided it was time to walk the talk. the bike frame is a '50's straight bar columbia tank bike. which i'll be painting tomorrow, i plan on keeping the tank to streamline the look of the bike and hide some of the electrics. i'm going to use a springer off of another "50's monarch, i've bobbed a fender off of another monarch. i was gonna use a tractor seat mounted on bike springs, but the seat is bigger than what looks right, so i'll modify a schwinn exercise bike seat to do the duty, the handle bars are nos gi ww2 issue which will be stripped and painted. this bike will be what i consider a knock around bike, meaning i'm just going to clean up the chome , i'm looking to make it look like a barn find. when i get it built, either this weekend or the next 2, i'll post a pick then. anyway i wish you all the best and keep safe, bobby-b.

2. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Welcome to MBc.

3. HOMEYYYGG

HOMEYYYGG New Member

Welcome to the group.

4. bobby-brazil

bobby-brazil New Member

thanks guys

5. Egor

Egor Guest

Hi Robert I was looking for your intro. It will be fun to go riding when you get your bike done. Ive been working on the bike I got from Taylor, his green Whizzer, Ive just about got all the little bugs out. Keep me posted. Have fun, Dave

PS: Take pic's of the build everyone likes to see them as they grow.

6. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

Welcome to MBc and happy motoring!

7. Egor

Egor Guest

Thanks again Robert for the NOS rack for the Schwinn. I plan to start getting it painted to match the bike. Looking forward to you getting your bike up and running. Have fun, Dave