Hi! I am a new member check out my bike

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MikeOnBike, Jun 10, 2013.

1. MikeOnBike

MikeOnBike New Member

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Nice cruiser. I have a spring loaded, single speed chain tensioner for my pedal chain but it requires that I add a whole lot of extra chain in order to use it. The pedal chain tensioner you are using require less extra chain links.
  3. LR Jerry

LR Jerry Well-Known Member

Looks like you did good for very little money being involved.
  4. Samdallas214

Samdallas214 Member

welcome to the form looking good would never guess it was a used engine
  5. MikeOnBike

MikeOnBike New Member

After I introduced myself, and showed you guys my bike a few hours later when I was on a ride this lady ran me over in her SUV. She was trying to pass me while speeding, and smoked me with her side mirror and the side of her car. There was eye witnesses, and the police had to come, and everything. I am pretty banged up but i think I'm ok.
    View attachment 2013-06-10 22.42.15.jpg View attachment 2013-06-10 22.42.28.jpg View attachment 2013-06-10 22.43.09.jpg View attachment 2013-06-10 22.44.03.jpg
  6. Samdallas214

Samdallas214 Member

But is the MB OK :jester::grin5::devilish::cool:
    Glad to see you were not serially heart , I have a few close cause but never got ran over .

7. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

Bummer about biting the pavement, was said SUV driving woman on her cell phone too?

Just a couple of tips...

Put a front brake on the thing! It is insanity to ride a motorized bicycle with just a crappy coaster brake when you can put a front caliper on in 20 minutes for $20.

You might want to re-think your tensioner placement, a tensioner is just meant to take up the slack on the slack side of the motion, you have it on power side.

Otherwise a fine bike for the money.
  8. alfredart

alfredart Member

Bummer about going down man. Bike looks good for a good price. One thing I'd do is to turn your tensioner facing downward that way it won't have any pressure on it. I set mine up that way, works good.
  9. MikeOnBike

MikeOnBike New Member

ok i'll switch it, and let you know how it works.
    Thanks for your advice.
    alfredart likes this.
  10. MikeOnBike

MikeOnBike New Member

I am not sure but she told me that her pony died earlier in the week so she has been "emotional and driving careless".(not joking)

will do