Hi I just joined this forum looks great.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by STUARTBRANDT, Dec 25, 2007.

Hi I just joined this forum looks great.
    I wish I had heard about this forum sooner, whatever happend to moped2.org.
    I have invented a couple of bike motor systems, one was a friction drive two cycle,
    the other is a four cycle motorized trailer type concept here is a video of it.

Stuart Brandt:grin:

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D
    out of the box thinking helps around here :D
  3. Bean Oil

Bean Oil Guest

At first I thought the kid was riding that; said to myself, "...that kid is a good rider..." but then I saw it was dad on the thing and that the thing was a full-sized 26"-wheeled cruiser.

Then I became impressed with the kid's videography talent and almost-perfect narration... :D :thumbup:

That's a clever rig. I'd like to see a close-up of the articulation of the hitch.

Merry Christmas! and Happy Holidays.

4. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to the tribe from the Giant Side of Texas!
  5. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc. :cool:
  6. Welcome Stuart Brandt

Stuart, I thought you'd like it here.
    Do you think we can get a powered trailer forum started? Who says frame mount or rack mount are the only ways to go? We know better. We have a wider choice of engine sizes, we don't even have to dedicate a particular bike to be powered, we don't stress out the bicycle components beyond their design limits, and we get the noise, exhaust, vibration, heat, gas & oil far behind us. I think it's the quickest & easiest way to motorize a bike. I built mine from bedframe material, electrical conduit and $40 worth of items from my garage sale gleanings. I bolted it together in one evening, no welding required. In my opinion, if you prefer substance over image, you have to recognize a powered trailer as the ideal way to motorize a bicycle. Any arguments?
  7. mickey

mickey Guest

8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i think "pusher" tech is a great idea, imo. y'all give me enuff content to justify a new forum & it's a done deal...meantime, how about we use "wild in the streets" ? please, please, please post a "project topic" about your infernal-contraption..let's talk about snow, surf, sand, etc too :D

dennis: we really appreciate the referral :)

stuart: welcome to the MBc :cool:
  9. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

No argement here. Built an e pusher setup like that. Works well, and I can haul stuff besides. Super easy to do, and I kept the disc brakes on the bike. Just don't try to ride it on ice. :oops:

10. Bean Oil

Bean Oil Guest

No you don't. You just know "different".

Now tell me, sir, where's the fun in THAT? Hahaha...

And it probably looks like it, too.

I prefer my machinery not to like like arse. I consider bicyles, motorized or not, to be somewhat of an art form... and I choose not to debase that artform with the style of engineering and materials choice (although that's certainly thrifty) that you have just described.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2007
  11. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Welcome man to MBc.....Bean Oil summed it up correctly..."Different strokes for different folks"
  12. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

And such is what horse races, political debates and holy wars spring from!
    Welcome to the MBc tribe and I look forward to your discourse in Wild in the Streets. I think this is the ideal way to power a electric bike. Enough power to go somewhere, a place to put a small generator and a place to stash those heavy infernal lead acid batteries!
    Oh yea, welcome from the Giant Side of Texas!
  13. Nice Raleigh

Anyone who rides a Raleigh cruiser (exactly like mine!) is a friend of mine.:grin:
  14. ARSE trailer

I DID ask for any arguments !
    I DID say trailers are best "if you prefer substance over image".
    Art is image. Engineering is substance.
    Bean Oil built a beautiful bike. Engineering can be beautiful too. Engineers use the word "elegant" to describe the most simple direct solution to a problem. I think a powered trailer is an elegant solution for all the reasons I posted. I came up with it myself and built it myself. Didn't just buy a kit. Here's a great site for artbikes: http://bikerodnkustom3.homestead.com/cover6_03.html I recommend it for all of us. There are engines in here too.

Here's my "arse" trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjEgsKqfi74
    There's not much that can be done to make it prettier. I'm collecting parts to make a lighter 3 spd. version with a Honda GX31. When I run out of ideas for making 'em better I'll think about making 'em prettier. Bean Oil can be a Michelangelo. I'll be an Edison (or just a McGyver) & some DaVinci here will put us both to shame.

P.S. Do I look like I'm concerned with appearances? We're on the wrong forum for this, aren't we?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2007
  15. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

not yet, and intros are a perfect place to duke out the details of getting acquainted...

but this would be a good time for someone to start a presentation-topic in "wild in the streets"...someplace where you can show us how and we can ask questions...da-vinci is surely in the wings, let's ferret him or her out :)
  16. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

BR&K is a dead horse. I won't flog it anymore...
  17. Bean Oil

Bean Oil Guest

Don't be so hard on yourself, sir; of course there's more that can be done.

LOL! I'm messin' wit'cha now. That's actually a nice-looking piece; much nicer that the impression I got from your description... I like it's lines.

I'd love to discuss the engine placement and it's affect of traction and handling... but in your thread you might start in the Wild In The Streets forum.

Hardly. I just bolt stuff together.

Looking forward to more of THAT, sir.

Absolutely, without a doubt, this will continue to happen. I've seen some incredible bike builds already in my short time here. I am not worthy. LOL.

Welcome aboard, Mr. Becraft.