Hi, I'm new, and need help ordering motor, parts

blakmike

Local time
5:11 PM
Hi, I would like to put a motor on my GT Avalanche bicycle
The frame dates to 1996, is aluminum and very burly.

Many will be familiar with GT Avalanche/Zaskar frames from that time, Large welds, very pretty ball burnished finishes.

Shimano Deore XT, chromoly front fork, cheapish rims and hubs, um, cheap brakes (brakes are for girls anyhoo).

As is weight 14.5 lbs :)

I would like to try to install an engine to my baby. My priorities include:

1. Price
2. Least amount of holes in my frame
2. Ease of install
3. Ease of Uninstall
4. Not Bulky
5. Silence

I'm not looking for speed or mpg or anything, basically looking to demo a gas system on my bike (the best bike in the world to me).

I'm willing to sacrifice alll components to achieve this, except for my precious frame.

Any suggested systems? I go now to look for cheap vendors.

P.S. Used components not a problem if anyone has extra stuff they would like to sell/trade.

Thanks,
Mike

Welcome to MBc, Mike. I don't know why you would want to install cheap parts in such a nice frame, but there are plenty of them out there. My suggestion would be to contact Dave Staton, at www.staton-inc.com and see what he can work out. He puts together a Robin-Subaru EH035 4-Stroke, that is nearly whisper quiet, along with two gear boxes, of his own design that he mills himself. The system is near bullet proof. There are other good fabricators, but Staton is my choice.

Back