Hi im webby

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Webby, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Webby

Webby New Member

Hi everyone im webby

I found this forum from an R/C one that someone had posted up about the motorized bike

My level of mechanical skills are reasonable. i am 15 and the only way i have learnt is by trial and error and rebuilding small engines and have now learnt to repair them.

I don't currently have a motorized bike but am working on one and designing one. I have got 2 brush cutter motors available in my garage one is a ryobi
    25cc motor that is 10yrs old, the second motor is a Stilh only a few yrs old
    27.2cc.

I do have a 3rd motor that is a brigg n stratton 3hp (over 20yrs old)

My hobbies are mechanical projects.

I have also been on another forum aswell (www.xlr8rc.co.nr)-an R/C forum

Cya round:grin:

2. NunyaBidness

NunyaBidness Member

hey webby
    welcome to the site
    I'm lookin' forward to seein' some of your work
    good luck and happy motoring

3. brendonv

brendonv Member

yo man, u finally joined. Oww im soo cool bringing people here through rc lol. If u use the ryobi do they same mount as me, i got vids on my youtube acc of the mounting, Brendonv101. If u need any info just ask im always on here, u will need to do Friction as i think all of em dont hav a clutch. Friction is the easiest as u dont have to do a gear reduction which is a lot of math to do.

Get a bike peg or something, fit it to ur shaft, if its smooth get some JB weld, i got it from Auto one and mix a lil bit together, add a lil bit of sand, not to much or u cant apply it, about a teaspoon is enough, then put it on ur spindle, it should be a cement sort of consistence. Then get sand and put it over the JB and push as much sand as u can into the JB until it looks like sand paper or like the pic i posted.

Have fun,

Cya

From Brendon.v

Attached Files:

4. Webby

Webby New Member

Yeh one slight propb with ryobi, it has a centrifical clutch which i pulled apart except i cant pull the rest off to get a straight shaft. the Stilh is much newer and it has a centrifical clutch that i can use to my adv. i'll open a new thread and show pics there

5. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hi Webby. Welcome to MBc!

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :grin:
    You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
    http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

6. Stink Bike

Stink Bike Member

Hi Webby.
    Welcome.

7. mark2yahu

mark2yahu Member

welcome Webby :) i love little engines just sitting around. so much potential :)