Hi, Montana rider here new to forum

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BakkenRide, Apr 14, 2015.

1. BakkenRide

BakkenRide New Member

Hi, here to introduce myself. I have been reading forum for the past few months to help with my bike i received from Umoto bikes out of Tuscon, it's a kit bike and i have been upgrading. I ride in all weather here and sometimes its -20 or colder, have been tryin to figure out oil for winter. First Hausheng motor seized last month on a ride , but i ordered another and am just at 10 hours on it.Its getting warmer so will be nicer to ride. I would like to message a member here but it won't let me yet, I would like to ask Max-M where i could purchase a chain tensioner like the one in photo of his bike on valve adjustment thread. If anyone could tell me i would very much appreciate it. I plan on doing alot of upgrades and really appreciate the knowledge here.:evilgrin:

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.

I'm afraid I can't answer your questions. Not much anyway. I've ridden as low as 5 deg F. And I doubt if there's much to be done about the oil. Whoops, wait a minute.................I'm thinking two stroke engine and oil. Yours is a four stroke, isn't it?

All I can say is, go with the lightest oil you can find when winter comes. But I'll bet you've already figured that out.

3. BakkenRide

BakkenRide New Member

ya next winter i'll try 0w20 probably , i started w/mobil 1 full synthetic 10w30, which was a mistake, tried not to ride when it was 0 or lower but had commitments that were to far to walk to, and couldn't find a ride.
    the motor seized the day of my first oil change (just at 10 hrs) and i used the mobil 1, and changed to a hotter spark plug, also changed to better filter in air cleaner, i think that the combination of hotter plug and ring not seating correctly broke something (piston or rod) but i wont know for sure until i tear it down.
    the new 142f i just put on there has just got its first oil change and i got about 12 hours on her, im using valvoline 10w40 motorcycle oil but am thinking of switching to rotella 15w40 in a few more oil changes.
    Drilled out plug , adjusted carb and shes runnin great, except for rev limitor these come with now, but still gettin 28 mph.
    :D