Hi, my new toy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by superbee, May 2, 2009.

1. superbee

superbee Member

So my buddies bought bicycles, were in out early 20's...So i got my dads old bike and we went riding, then i got the idea to get a motor on it. So i got on ebay and bought one.

Put it on today...

Heres the ole rat

[​IMG]

then throw in some goodies

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ran into a problem

[​IMG]

Thats why god created welders..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now for custom exhaust

[​IMG]

Muffler screws on and off

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. superbee

superbee Member

Still breaking it in, with 20.1 fuel....

[​IMG]

3. superbee

superbee Member

and oh ya, did the cover dampener mod to reduce noise.....it did help!

[​IMG]

Its HIGH temp resistant sound deadening stuff you use in the engine bay or wherever, i had some left over. Its got a foil layer, and a fiberglass layer, then a very sticky layer.

[​IMG]

4. superbee

superbee Member

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Already took her apart for some porting :evil:

[​IMG]

Opened the exh and intake ports to match the runners... and in the head, i ground maybe 1/16 to 1/8 on exh and int to advance the timing.....I guess she runs better.

Everytime i take out down the street i really wish i had more gear after i max the engine out everytime....

5. crazeehorse

crazeehorse Member

great job, did you know you would have to widen the crank when you bought it?

6. superbee

superbee Member

Thanks. Had no clue, just bought the engine and noticed that after it was all put together and i tried to ride it and smack LOL

5 mins of cutting and welding wasnt a problem tho..

I imagine its only because of the pull start..

BTW- got a seat cover, some new rubber for the front, and new intertubes for both tires... i was thinking of getting a new bike if this worked out but this bike seems to be just fine so i think ill just keep using it...free ones are the best kind anyways.

7. crazeehorse

crazeehorse Member

yes it is, although on one of mine, i had to grind about 1/4 inch off the back of the left pedal arm. that looks like a pipe coupling, is it? it looks like it might be a bigger job if you ever need to remove your crank. did you grease your bearings good?

8. superbee

superbee Member

Yeah, i kinda thought about that but said f-it...i DID leave enought room between the threads and that spacer for that nut to thread off, i dunno if i can still slide it out to get them out or grease them or what. I can just cut it back off and reweld it :) I didnt grease them, should have, but i at least kept a wet rag on it when welding it to try not to melt all the grease out...