Hi, my new toy

superbee

Local time
1:28 PM
So my buddies bought bicycles, were in out early 20's...So i got my dads old bike and we went riding, then i got the idea to get a motor on it. So i got on ebay and bought one.

Put it on today...

Heres the ole rat

1241223273179.jpg

then throw in some goodies

1241223288421.jpg

1241223298296.jpg

ran into a problem

1241286454123.jpg

Thats why god created welders..

1241294091562.jpg

1241286422024.jpg

Now for custom exhaust

1241295956253.jpg

Muffler screws on and off

1241295983472.jpg

3-1.jpg

and oh ya, did the cover dampener mod to reduce noise.....it did help!

1-1.jpg

Its HIGH temp resistant sound deadening stuff you use in the engine bay or wherever, i had some left over. Its got a foil layer, and a fiberglass layer, then a very sticky layer.

2-2.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Already took her apart for some porting :devilish:

engineapart.jpg

Opened the exh and intake ports to match the runners... and in the head, i ground maybe 1/16 to 1/8 on exh and int to advance the timing.....I guess she runs better.

Everytime i take out down the street i really wish i had more gear after i max the engine out everytime....

Thanks. Had no clue, just bought the engine and noticed that after it was all put together and i tried to ride it and smack LOL

5 mins of cutting and welding wasnt a problem tho..

I imagine its only because of the pull start..

BTW- got a seat cover, some new rubber for the front, and new intertubes for both tires... i was thinking of getting a new bike if this worked out but this bike seems to be just fine so i think ill just keep using it...free ones are the best kind anyways.

yes it is, although on one of mine, i had to grind about 1/4 inch off the back of the left pedal arm. that looks like a pipe coupling, is it? it looks like it might be a bigger job if you ever need to remove your crank. did you grease your bearings good?

Yeah, i kinda thought about that but said f-it...i DID leave enought room between the threads and that spacer for that nut to thread off, i dunno if i can still slide it out to get them out or grease them or what. I can just cut it back off and reweld it :) I didnt grease them, should have, but i at least kept a wet rag on it when welding it to try not to melt all the grease out...

Back