Hi. New and from Indy.

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by hybrid, Apr 16, 2010.

1. hybrid

hybrid Member

Hi there. I've submitted a few posts on here but just finished my first bike
    last weekend and am still in the process of breaking it in. I'd like to maybe meet up with a few other enthusiasts / riders from the Indianapolis area.
    Happy to be here and look forward to chatting.

Attached Files:

2. MotoMagz

MotoMagz Member

Hi, Very cool bike ya got there.How many miles do you get to a tank full!

3. hybrid

hybrid Member

I'm not sure how many miles it'll wind-up getting. I filled it up a week ago
    and have ridden it like crazy and still have well over half a tank. All I know.
  4. Tango911

Tango911 New Member

im from indy area too, just built my 1st, congrats, nice one!
  5. jezusjonz

jezusjonz Guest

Pretty cool Hybrid....are those motorcycle forks on the front?? Not from Indy but if you take 70 west for 90 minutes you'll find me...lol
    north of Terre Haute
  6. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

You have a very cool bike! I never thought I would see the day when a Paughco gas tank would be mounted on a MB, and motorcycle forks too!
    Very well done!
  7. hybrid

hybrid Member

Thanks fellas! Yeah, the bike is presently going through some more changes.
    Gas tank was just primered sanded and painted. About 80% done on decaling and from there I'll be eurathaning it all in. I've added an old-school Persons
    banana "springer" banana seat (never even seen another one) and an old school Krate knock-off sissy bar with shocks is on the way as well.
    I'm also going down from the 4 inch wide back tire to a 3 inch to provide more
    room for the chain idlers and free up some torque. Once done there simply won't be anything else even remotley like it in existance. I'm also going down from the 32 tooth to a 27. I've had the bike up to 53 MPH on the 32 tooth so I can only imagine what the 27 tooth will be like! I'll have picture updates soon.
  8. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Only one word comes to mind, Wicked!
    And I mean that in a good way.......
  9. Rgvkid

Rgvkid Member

Sweet Bobber! what is the front end from? Did you have a hard time modifying it?
  10. danlez

danlez New Member

ur bike looks cooool, kinda like a moto
  11. hybrid

hybrid Member

The front end came off of a 71 Yamaha Enduro Bike and, "YES" it gave me fits to finally get it tweaked in there. Suprisingly, the headwell and triple tree fittings were similar to the OCC Chopper I used but still involved some pretty precise shaving and alligning. I've done a lot of modifications to this bike that I'll be posting pictures of soon. I've put an old Persons Springer Banana Seat to it (w/sissy bar) that I added an old Harley FLH Backrest to (don't ask, you'll just have to see), painted the tank antique white + added a few other goodies to it as well. I'll soon be adding a 27 tooth sprocket to it (bike already does close to 60 mph with the 32) and yesterday, found an antique speedometer on Ebay that operates on wind intake....Yeah, this is about to get silly! Try and get new pics up in the next day or two.
  12. lucas

lucas Member

60? lol i guess you dont want to live very long. Happy trails.
  13. hybrid

hybrid Member

Alright man, I'm in full mad-scientist mode - the updates to this bike I've made
    so far....

Attached Files:

14. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Whoa! Wow! Weird! Cool!
  15. hybrid

hybrid Member

Thanks Gearnut! I'm having so much fun with this thing. Just wish I had some board members who lived a little closer. Be fun to get another set of hands tinkering on this thing...
  16. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

the tank is HUGE but it looks RIGHT on that!
  17. hybrid

hybrid Member

Latest incantation...

There will be those of you on here who'll hate my newest..."modifications"??
    If there is a science that is in fact; building motorized bicycles, then this is beginning to feel like witchcraft (LOL). Not sure what you could even call the theme I'm going with here. Spanish-Enduro-cafe'-JunkyardTRASH-art!:grin5:

I did just buy an old Sturmey Archer Twin Shifter off of Ebay. Been circling the bike wondering how I could install a triple sprocket setup. CRAAaazzee
  18. hybrid

hybrid Member

Attached Files: