Hi to all whizzer fans

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Brent Merkley, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Hi
    My name is brent merkley and I have a 2000 whizzer kit motor on a 1950 Schwinn cantiliver frame I am in the middle of a complete rebuild. It has a fiberglass tank a custom wiring harnes, whizzer seat and whizzer 5 inch drum brakes front and rear. The most unusual thing will be the scratch built girder fork that I am building. it should look nice.I hope to get pictures on of the finished bike. Thanks to everyone for this cool site I enjoy it almost every day, great resource!
    Brent Merkley

2. bill green

bill green Member

Hi Brent , Welcome to the forum.I looked at building A springer front end.I ended up using A well built repopp (monarch spinger)If you have any Questions pm me ..Bill Green Vancouver Whizzer

3. mickey

mickey Guest

Welcome Brent.

4. hi
    I had a monarch springer on my bike the first time around they look great but I wasn't to happy with the lack of travel. Mine bottomed out all the time.
    Brent

5. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Welcome Brent from another Whizzer owner (I have 2 now) There are some very good people with a lot of good information here. Enjoy

Jim

6. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc.

7. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D

8. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc. :cool:

9. Papasaun

Papasaun Guest

Hello, and Welcome to MBc, we gots a special place for Whizzers! You'll love it!

Papa

10. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Hi Brent, Welcome
    Whizzer OuterBanks,
    Quenton

11. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

12. NEWPORTWHIZZER

NEWPORTWHIZZER New Member

Hi Brent
    Welcome to mbc. Be careful of those repop monarch front springers. there built a little light if you plan on riding a lot we have had them buckle on a whizzer.

Ryan Millett
    Newport Beach whizzer

13. monarch forks

my forks were 1948 originals and I rode over 6500 miles no problems except they have less then 1 inch of travel , no where near enough. Maby you should elaborate in the main board about what you know about the weakness of the repops, alot of the repops are being sold to whizzer folks.
    Brent

14. NEWPORTWHIZZER

NEWPORTWHIZZER New Member

hi

the original monarchs we have had good luck with. there is a company selling copies on ebay saying they are for whizzers (they are located in southern california) but if you call them they do not recomend them for whizzers. When the fork bent (3-4 weeks after purchased) the company told us they were not ment for whizzers. the problem we had was under the thin aluminum cover was a very lite weight weldment with no gusets and that is were it folds up. luckly it bends slowly and dosn't just snap off. the bike these forks were on was a 2000 24" whizzer with a front drum brake. I am not bad mouthing the manufacturer just saying if you have them becareful and keep your eye on them I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

Ryan Millett
    Newport Beach Whizzer

15. bill green

bill green Member

Hi Brent you need to think of it in male terms ,Its not one inch of travel Its much bigger HAHA from Bill Green Vancouver Whizzer