Hi

beachygirl

Local time
4:03 PM
Howdy just wanted to introduce myself, name is Sue and I've been riding a scooter for about 5 years now. Been living in wonderful South Carolina for about ten years now about 15 miles from Myrtle Beach. I love riding, but don't like paying so much money for a bunch of plastic that starts falling apart 2 months after purchase. Yes, I buy the cheap Japanese ones, but I'm a full time student kind of hard to save a few grand for a decent scooter. Thinking about investing in a four stroke bicycle engine kit and have no idea where to start looking for a durable and reliable engine kit. I know that I don't want a 2 stroke because of the mixed gas situation and less gas mileage. Have a mountain bike that I was hoping to install the engine kit on. Will continue to read the forums. Thanks, any advice is appreciated!! May every rider be safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the form it's nice to see a woman on the form not to many of them here.
If you can afford it go American made , If not then go wilt a company that offers some kind of warrant.
I made the mistake of not finding this site first and asking questions, almost got riped off if not for Pay-Pal I would off , so do yourself a favor and go to the the vendor review page, check out the reviews so you know a good dealer from a bad one.
I Love my bikeberry china 4 stroke kit, runs great, I did not like the 2 stroke kits for the mixing and the peddle start did not like that either.
encase you would like to check out a vendor with the BBB
http://www.bbb.org/us/Find-Business-Reviews/

Welcome to the form it's nice to see a woman on the form not to many of them here.
If you can afford it go American made , If not then go wilt a company that offers some kind of warrant.
I made the mistake of not finding this site first and asking questions, almost got riped off if not for Pay-Pal I would off , so do yourself a favor and go to the the vendor review page, check out the reviews so you know a good dealer from a bad one.
I Love my bikeberry china 4 stroke kit, runs great, I did not like the 2 stroke kits for the mixing and the peddle start did not like that either.
encase you would like to check out a vendor with the BBB
http://www.bbb.org/us/Find-Business-Reviews/

:cool::cool:
Thanks appreciate the tips and I pay for almost everything online with Pay-pal!

Yes, nice to see a woman here, BG. In my first post, I mentioned the strange lack thereof. Messing with engines *may* be a guy thing, but riding is fun for everyone. Welcome.

I'm a newbie myself, and like you, I haven't put together my first motored bicycle. With regard to that, I would say, "Search is your friend." There is quite a bit of accumulated wisdom here, and the vibe (despite the occasional "handbag fight") is pretty friendly.

I, for one, would enjoy hearing about your progress and the direction you take.

Cheers,
Rick

I'm from Rock Hill, SC but live in Oak Ridge, TN now. There's several good dealers out there. I personally use Staton, Inc. By the way there are several good Japanese engines. It's the Chinese ones that often need upgrades.

Back