High performance Carb stops when engaged!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellphis73

Local time
10:16 PM
I bought the aftermarket high performance carburetor and prepped it accordingly. The spring sits properly on the butterfly valve, the pin is locked in the notch, the choke lever clicks back in its original position, the gasket is in its proper positioning, the throttle cable mount was threaded using teflon tape, the throttle open and closes the valve properly, gas flows into the basket properly, no gas leakage, yet after I get the engine started, it shuts off after I click the choke lever to the down position. I have had it apart twice and now back together it is totally installed and operating within working order for proper mechanical behaviour. Please help me get my Carburetor to talk to my engine thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1035.JPG
    IMG_1035.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 136
That's because the down position on these carbs. is choke on. This pos. is only for starting. Once started you snap the throttle, the lever flips up to choke open. They work opposite of the nt carb.

So the best position is down to start, and up after its started?

Last edited:
I bought the aftermarket high performance carburetor and prepped it accordingly. The spring sits properly on the butterfly valve, the pin is locked in the notch, the choke lever clicks back in its original position, the gasket is in its proper positioning, the throttle cable mount was threaded using teflon tape, the throttle open and closes the valve properly, gas flows into the basket properly, no gas leakage, yet after I get the engine started, it shuts off after I click the choke lever to the down position. I have had it apart twice and now back together it is totally installed and operating within working order for proper mechanical behaviour. Please help me get my Carburetor to talk to my engine thanks

The pin inside the carb where the throttle cable connects is adjustable. There's a pin with like 4 notches and a tiny black clip. Move it around till its fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOOK at your carb. :)
There is a plate that restricts the air flow into the carb when you push the choke lever down.

If your motor starts without the choke on, then you don't need to move the lever.

There is no Butterfly in your RunTong carb. It has a flat slide.

Please stop calling these carbs "high performance" carbs, it has a name.

Yes and if it starts easily without pushing it down then their is no need to do so.
I found these carbs. to run a little richer with the same jetting as the nt. As far as the name is concerned I have seen three different manufacturers of these carbs. One being the original dellorto. The other two Are Chinese. I don't recall their names, but I have yet to see them used to identify this carb.
Maybe the previous poster on here could enlighten us as I am sure there are numerous more. I call them dellorto clones, and I doubt many would know what you were talking about if you called them Run Tong. The picture said it all. Hope she's running good.

Last edited:
LOOK at your carb. :)
There is a plate that restricts the air flow into the carb when you push the choke lever down.

If your motor starts without the choke on, then you don't need to move the lever.

There is no Butterfly in your RunTong carb. It has a flat slide.

Please stop calling these carbs "high performance" carbs, it has a name.
Also known as a Dellorto clone. I was also looking at the picture and said to myself that that carburetor doesn't have a butterfly valve and so I closed the thread since I can't deal right now.

Thanks for your help guys very helpful. The engine starts no problem but the consistency of the flow is strange. It bucks alot leaving me to compensate the flow with the clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back