High Performance Carb

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by NiteSpy, May 19, 2009.

1. NiteSpy

NiteSpy New Member

2. Junster

Junster Member

3. NiteSpy

NiteSpy New Member

Thanks! I think that's what Ill end up getting.

4. Old Bob

Old Bob Member

WA 167 is 11.11mm venturi, way too small for anything over 30cc.They were standard equipment on 23cc zenoah RC engines. $60+ is a rip off you can get better performing carbs in that size class for $25.

5. hot70cc

hot70cc Guest

i guess just let him be a ginnypig lol

6. Junster

Junster Member

Hey Old Bob are you talking about the carb in Nitespy's link or mine?

7. Old Bob

Old Bob Member

Nitespy's link.

8. NiteSpy

NiteSpy New Member

Thanks Old Bob for clearing things up.
    Looks like the delorto copy will be the winner(No ginny pigging here lol)

9. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

I just put one of Junster's on my bike as an experiement. The bike started running porrly, surging at idle, would not rev, so I was thinking bad carb. I wanted to upgrade anyway. It went on easy, but I am still having problems. Bike starts and runs well, jist will not rev up to the high end. I did some other stuff like replaced the intake gasketm cleaned the head etc. Will keep you all posted :)

10. Junster

Junster Member

Hawaii Ed are you using the stock tank petcock? And are you using a inline filter? Disconnect the fuel line at the carb and let some flow into a jar or something to make sure your getting a good flow. The other thing that maybe be wrong is you could have a seal failing. Look for oil in the side cases. Maybe at the cylinder base.

11. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

Thanks Junster, and sorry for the thread jack :) Fuel was was very poor. It is a stock petcock. I did pull the filter out and improved it quite a bit, still not a big flow, but I put te clear line back on (had an inline filter with rubber hose), and it is staying full.

The seals may very well be the problem, it is very greasy at the base seal. The other thing I am going to try is cleaning out the exhaust. I did pull the clynder head it is was very wet and greasy. I have about 1200 trouble free miles on the bike. (Until now) LOL!

Ed

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  12. Junster

Junster Member

The stock petcock has a screen attached that's inside the tank. Just tear it off and make sure to replace your inline filter. Or goto this petcock I got from SBP for $9.95 it's very nice. I just had to re-torque my headbolts too.

P1010109.jpg

13. NiteSpy

NiteSpy New Member

Good thing I changed the stock peacock setup already, seeing as it became troublesome for Hawaii Ed. So that carb is a Go Hawaii?

14. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

I did take the tank filter off, flow is better, but not great. I did order the new stopcock, slant cylinder head, and head/base gasket.

Carb seems to be a nice fit for the bike, I will work on my other issues. I am going to start another thread for that. :cool: I attached some pics of the setup.

Later today i am going to check the exhaust, and just seal the base with high-temp RTV for now. The no head gasket was suprising to find, but no signs of blow out there.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  15. NiteSpy

NiteSpy New Member

Looks clean can't wait till she shows up in the mail. :tt1:lol