High Performance Engines Take 2

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by 210061741, May 11, 2010.

1. 210061741

210061741 Guest

Well after the last disaster i'm wondering if we should give this engine building thread another shot.

Maybe this time it can be kept on topic.

What do you guys think?

2. 2canPlay

2canPlay New Member

don't ask a question if you are not willing to accept the answer.

3. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Nah, not another thread cuz the ninnies will complain about anyone who goes faster than 4 mph and rides in the street. :)

4. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I think the thread should be renamed to:

High Performance Engine; release date, stock availability; engine and payment and delivery options.

Fabian

5. 210061741

210061741 Guest

Yup i think i'll just do it on my own site.

6. G-Superior

G-Superior Member

just do it Rich!
    I really want to know all the stuff that you mentioned in the first post!

7. metal

metal New Member

Well, as far as a high performance engine, I think an important question is which engine will be in use? The typical little cheapo chinese engine that many (most) of us use, or the high quality italian one (can't remember the name off hand), or a motobecane AV10, or something else? Personally, I'd like to see a cheapo chinese 66cc engine built up, to see how much power could safely and reliably come from these little engines. Also little mods that beef it up and increase it's reliability and strength, and address weak points.

I know there's guys out there that professionally race bikes and whatnot with 50cc 2 strokes, how much power are they getting out of their engines? Anyone know?

8. 210061741

210061741 Guest

You Can Get Alot of horsepower out of a 50cc Engine.

10 HP + easily depending on the setup.

The motorbecane AV10 7.3 HP with this kit.
    Thats more power than you really need on a bicycle.
    Certinly will require a clean install.

Manufacturer: Polini
    Polini Part #: 134.0300
    Diameter: 46mm
    Stroke: 41.8mm
    Style: Motobecane AV10 Cylinder Kit
    Calculated Displacement*: 69cc

Recommended Accessories
    Motobecane Polini 70cc AV10 Gasket Kit
    Similar Products
    Motobecane AV10 Polini Engine Case
    Description:
    This is an amazing kit. Super-size base transfers leading into a six port cylinder transfer design with a "W" bridged exhaust port, for high performance and decreased chance of ring wear/breakage.

This Aluminum/nikasil cylinder kit will really tear up the road. Polini rates this kit at 7.3HP, compared to the 6.2HP of the Puch Polini kit.

This cylinder is meant to be fit on a AV10 motor, which is the crankcase inducted reed valve engine that came on motobecane mopeds in Europe after they ceased exporting them to the states.
    *The displacement is calculated based on the supplied Diameter (bore) and Stroke using pi*(Diameter/2)2*Stroke, rounded to the nearest integer. Does not include squish band.

The Chineese engines.

PK specifies 5-6 HP at 6000 RPM

With good portwork and a decent expansion chamber and an up graded carb I'm sure you can get the 5HP.

Which is still pretty good on a bicycle.

9. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

All i want is 4hp absolute tops, with a monster torque curve that starts at idle and runs through to 4,000 rpm, then drops away like a stone.

Fabian

10. 210061741

210061741 Guest

Sounds like a Stock PK80 to me.

11. flyingpez

flyingpez Member

lol with an extra horse.