Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Live_to_Ride, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Live_to_Ride

Live_to_Ride Banned

Can these motors really take all this revvvvvvvvvving.........?
    I had the fastest production vehicle made in 1982 (gpz 1100) and never revved the thing as much as he is. Am I wrong in thinking this depletes the engine's life real quick?

2. Jim H

Jim H Guest

Probably a correct regards engine life of the HT.
  3. I would see if he keeps it at WOT (wide open throttle) But from what he did I wouldn't think he would be hurting it much.
    I treat my happy time like someone would treat a Harley.
    I keep my revs down.
  4. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

These engine's can't be overreved! They quickly lose umphhh at 6500 rpm. 6500 rpm is hardly much for a two stroke.

Personally, its not a good idea to rev an engine without applying a load to it.
  5. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

he never kept it at high rpms constantly, but like large said, i baby mine, (except for rooster tails in the snow) i dont think the schwinn's ever been up to full throttle lol
  6. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Depends on your riding style...if u wanna play boy racers and tear around the streets(or wherever) at maximum RPM then u can.Just expect the engine not to last nearly as long.Reliability also suffers so does fuel economy...i don't particularly like drawing attention to myself with the cops either.
  7. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

I'd say if he was just warming the thing up and it was done on a fairly cool day the engine is going to be fine. Sounded kinda like a bogger anyways so I really doubt the revvs were too high. My kings 80 is definitely a ton more responsive than that guys engine.
  8. Live_to_Ride

Live_to_Ride Banned's bogging cause of the lack of fresh air and the heavy smog......kidding of course, maybe not though. But in this next vid it shows it is kind of smoggy there.
  9. twinkiex

twinkiex Guest

I wondered the same thing myself. I have a 48cc 2 stroke and I baby the thing. Warm up slow and only rev to show off when absolutly necessarry.