Hola from sunny central florida!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SpeedyG, Apr 30, 2007.

1. SpeedyG

SpeedyG Guest

Hey yall, I'm a newb to the forum but I've been riding my Giant Sedona equipped with a GEBE 25cc motor since late 2005. This forum is awesome, great info!

2. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

Welcome Speedyi !

Not many of us here (yet) ! Glad to have ya aboard, come on down to Rack Em Up and start a 25 cc thread, if you would.

Tell us about climbing those Central Florida mountain peaks ! I was over in the Fernandina/Amelia Island area, January 2006. I heard rumors of snow, so I avoided those Orlando Highlands....

3. SpeedyG

SpeedyG Guest

Hey Bama, wish I had found this a couple months ago before you headed to Mobile. I lived in Fairhope for 8 years; coulda put in a good word for you at Lulu's. Next time for sure!
  4. bamabikeguy

I was ALL over LuLu's, but it was 8:30 a.m. and they didn't open til 10.

I had all my Jimmy Buffet stories (3) from the seventies ready, but couldn't even get them to open the gift shop and sell me a key chain....

Why I was at that spot was supposedly to meet Fr. Gerard Regan, S.J., who ran a non-profit doing dolphin rescues and autopsies of beachings.

They were supposed to debark at 9 a.m., and I hoped to steer the air boat. I probably was mistaken on the location of the pier, cuz I sure wasn't late.

I found the "other" airboat at the headquarters 10 miles from the water....

I'll probably go back to Mobile again this year, it is easy riding, great people, a lot of stuff I didn't get to see. I will definitely NOT miss the ferry by minutes, have to spend dead time on Dauphin Island.

But I had met a contingent of "free thinkers" from Fairhope, and I think the Quakers from QUEST were also from there.

Again, welcome to MB.com
  5. bamabikeguy

Hey Speedy,

Maybe you could go down to the Traveling section, read Augies tutorial on posting a Mapquest Map, so I can come in below and give my Florida story, which coincides/segways with THE BIGGEST FIRE IN GEORGIA HISTORY down at Waycross/the Okefenokee Swamp.

Missed all my Colorado stories which fit into the record snowfalls, and I constantly see places I passed on the news.
  6. SpeedyG

SpeedyG Guest

Well, I could but unfortunately the iteration of the map required to show both your route and where I live is pretty much the entire Southeast. Jaxville is 5 hours away by car from me. On the other hand, you can see my planned routes for future tours that way...