Holy Moon Walk, Spaceman...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sparky, Aug 21, 2009.

1. sparky

sparky Active Member

Hmm.... I always thought these guys were crazy, but they do make a few good points. :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

- http://www.metacafe.com/watch/352342/what_happened_on_the_moon/
    - htp://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9wlsp_what-happened-on-the-moon-1_tech
    - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9wma3_what-happened-on-the-moon-2_tech
    - http://www.dailymotion.pl/video/x9ywvz_what-happened-on-the-moon-12_tech

And who was holding the camera that shot Neil Armstrong's giant leap for mankind anyway?!? Wouldn't that person really be the first person on the moon??

2. sparky

sparky Active Member

3. sparky

sparky Active Member

4. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Face it, nobody gives a $hit.

5. sparky

sparky Active Member

It's interesting, no?

6. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Last month, the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter provided us pictures of our various landing sites on the moon debunking any myth that the landings were faked. But then again, any amount of evidence won't satisfy a conspiracy kook.

7. sparky

sparky Active Member

So true. But then again, I'm not interested in whether man has been to the Moon or not (and even the conspiracy kooks in the video say the same thing)... I'm interested in answers to these questions:

- What are the shiny (metal?) things that pop up only directly above the astronauts?
    - How did that one astronaut pick himself up when it's pretty clear the other wasn't even assisting him?
    - Why does the shading in the pictures always have 2 or 3 external light sources?
    - Why is there a glare on Neil's boot if there was no other external light source?
    - And who was holding the camera that shot Neil Armstrong's giant leap for mankind anyway?!? Wouldn't that person really be the first person on the moon??

8. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

mythbusters already busted it... with science.

9. sparky

sparky Active Member

They answered all 5 of the questions I asked?!?

10. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

bout sums it up

bout sums it up

ride that MB THING
    get proof
    many pictures of MB in different lighting with rider ((on seat))
    have 4,674,334,565 witnesses
    and still someone will swear that you have never even seen a motorized bicycle !!

it's dang amazing !!

MM

11. sparky

sparky Active Member

Looking at the pictures... you'll see that many of them have multiple light sources. If everybody claims there's only one light source (the sun)... why does the shade angle in 2 or 3 separate directions?!?

That's not some kooky observation. There shoulda been one light source if that picture was taken on the Moon... but there's more than just one.

12. scokes

scokes Member

Agreeing with Vtec. Mythbusters did replicate the various shade angles using only one light source. It was a few months back and I don't remember their scientific approach to this. May check it out at Discovery Channel.com or something.

No they did not answer all five of these questions.

I have always wondered who shot the video. D@mn cameramen, never get any respect/credit.

13. sparky

sparky Active Member

I'll have to check that out. I guess I didn't get to see the whole episode. The multiple angles just seems like the oddest of them all. And that guy just slinging himself up without any assistance from the other astronaut standing near him. That's kooky enough in itself.

No kidding. Perhaps Neil was the cameraman and Buzz was reenacting Neil's first step? :-/

14. scokes

scokes Member

But then where were the footprints he would have left behind? Like walking on a beach.

15. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=19072
    LOL!

16. sparky

sparky Active Member

Heh...

"YEEEEE HAAAAAAW !!!"

17. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Sparky, the oushing up from the lunar surface thing you are so perplexed by is pretty simple, really.

All of those astronauts had been in comprehensive physical training for decades, without exception. Ever watched a guy in great shape doing show-off push-ups? You know - shove off hard enough to be able to clap his hands - even 2 or times - and still catch himself?

Lunar gravity is 1/6 that of earth - so a 180 pound man weighs 30 pounds. Even in a heavy/bulky spacesuit with his own body weight in gear attached, he still only weighs 60 pounds.

The problem the lunar astronauts had in movement was not weight - it was inertia and the stiffness of the joints of the suits (pressure does that). They quickly learned the lunar shuffle and the "bunny hop" in response to the problems of muscles acclimated to moving and controlling 180 pounds of mass in one G, to movement in a 1/6 G environment with the mass doubled and range of motion sharply curtailed.

Easily understood if you just do one thing (which you appear to be unfamiliar with) - think rationally and logically.

18. sparky

sparky Active Member

Well... my rational thinking is that if they can only jump as high as they can jump on Earth, then the gravity is a bit stronger than 1/6 of the Earth's gravity. I guess the suit is heavier than it looks.

19. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

"Can" only, or "did" only?

Remember - they were in a vacuum, in a suit made of rubberized fabric and plastics, mostly. Falling and cracking the helmet, or breaking an air connection, or tearing the suit was a death sentence. Why take that risk?

20. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

did anybody see the video of neil armstrong punching the paparazzi guy that called him a coward??? I have never respected somebody so much... he kinda reminds me of my grandpa that fought in WW2.

here it is for all to enjoy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUI36tPKDg4