Homeless in eastern washngton state

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by quay1962, Dec 16, 2010.

1. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

Well I never thought this would ever happen but it has...

Looking for a trailor for rent or a barn, we are unable to find a place for cheap until ssdi kicks in.. willing to pay $200 or less a month, am living on GA-X. We are leaving Republic tomorrow and heading over the pass before the snows really hit.. Anyone having an idea please email me directly to my phone at quay1962@att.net thank you
    Lilie n Shane

2. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

God bless and I hope you find a place to stay. Unfortunately, we are in Colorado.
  3. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

If you have a paypal account I would be willing to donate $20 if it would help. Just pm if you are interested.

GOD bless and I also hope everything works out.
  4. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

I know someone who got in the same situation some years ago. He found a ranch/farm that needed some help & they provided him with a small place to live , including utilities, plus a little cash, in exchange for help. I think he usually worked about 20 hours a week , feeding animals, mucking stalls, odd jobs, watching the place when the owner was out of town, etc. Owner let him plant a nice garden, too.
  5. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

I am sorry to hear of this situation! I hope that things will work out for the better for you very, very soon!
  6. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

Here is a good website & you would need to join it . Some people have found caretaker, farm , garden, ranch , pet care , elderly care, live-in or on the property arrangements. There are some members from your area, too. Also check with RV campgrounds. They may have something to barter for living arrangements.
    Best of luck !

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  7. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

8. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

Quay, you might be able to get Welfare/food stamps if you stay in your area? I don't know how WA Law reads? Tell them you are disabled. If you leave your State or County, you might wave your entitlements!

Somebody please text that too him, I'm not far from being in his position, or I'd help.
  9. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Mach, Quay ain't a "him". And Quite pleasant to the eye as I recall.
  10. unior

unior Member

Will pray for you both. I've been there, lived in an rv one winter. I parked it at an abandoned restaurant. :whistling:
  11. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

We own a small 15 foot rv (its about 20 years old) for that same reason. I'm expecting to get laid off in the next 3 months and my wife's income isn't enough to cover the mortgage. There are few job openings in my area in my career field. If the worst occurs, we can easily survive in the camper until I get back to work and can get a place to rent or own. I just saw an ad on craigslist for a 26 footer camper trailer that I'm hoping the owner will trade for a convertible that I own that is worth the same $$. A 26footer would be perfect for camping and for planning for the worst. There are many places we could camp out overnight, Walmart, a couple of closed busineses, and many local parks in the area. As long as the RV is moved every couple of days, nobody will hassle us. I hope it doesn't happen but at least we'll be prepared. Half of my family are unemployed, my older brother and younger brother have been out of work for 6+ months. My kid brother is finishing up truck driver school and my older brother is getting a second master's degree.
  12. unior

unior Member

Think about where your gonna dump the black and grey water. Also think about your fresh water supply. And power. You have a generator? I ran a no power required kerosone heater overnight cause it didn't require me to run my noisy generator or use expensive propane. Just make sure to leave a window cracked with an unvented heater to overvoid depletion of oxygen and carbon monoxide buildup.

Me myself and I lived in a 17' old ars motor home. With an old onan generator and an 84' chevy pick em up truck.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  13. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

any luck yet?
  14. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

Yea a little luck came by..

Hi all and thank you for the good wishes. On the day we were heading over the pass.. A couple answered our ad as caretakers of their cabin at 3850 feet just above the town of republic. I dont have a paypal account and all I have is a mobil phone I cant remember
    the password and its a big rigamarrow but those who want to help can mail it to Liliane Versteeg General Delivery Republic Wa 99166. I see the ssi lawyer on the 8th of feb
    The physical therapist here in town destroyed the doctors work.. nice eh? Then GA-X slashes 77$ from the 339 lol they expect us to live on 266! Good thing we have free rent but the cabin has no water so the bonneville is at the bottom of steep snowey hill. I will try to load a pic. Its cool Am tyin to get 500$ to get an old 4x4 truck just to get to town n back. Shane has had to stash his bike where the plow stops burried under a tree behind a knoll its still there we got high centered many times. Went to get supplies the other day that now the starter is frozen. A word of advice plan for the worst cuz it can happen to anyone take care we do have a gallon or two of generator gas we have a few chords of wood we have food stamps. We are surviving and the sun shines here more than it ever did in ocean park God Bless!
    Shane n Lilie
  15. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

I am so glad to hear that you have found a place to live !! Any roof over the head is better than none ! You will find ways to haul & store water that will work. The people on the " Homestead " website I sent can help & give advice , too.
    You are still on my prayer list that things will improve !! Take care !
  16. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

Thought it was a miracle!

Hi all.. Well now we have to flee.. What I thought was a miracle turned into a nightmare real quick! The people are hard core junkies we put ourselves in the middle of a really bad place. SATURDAY we sleded all our stuff down to the car took 8 trips n Shane ski'd the bike down n stashed it in the woods got it off heck hill yesterday. I spent my last 156$ on two nite stay at the prospector inn in Republic we need 1 more nite as I get my pitance tomorrow. We are going over Sherman pass to get to Shanes dad in Kettle Falls he has a camper on a truck, there we can make it I hope? I got a paypal acct. quay1962@att.net if anyone can send a few $ our way I am getting taxes back but they are 09's and wont be processed until later. I can pay anyone back when that comes. I feel so defeated. Take care guys n God Bless us one and all.
    luv Q
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2011
  17. Dave C

Dave C Member

I'm going to send what I can. It really won't be much but hopefully others will also help out. I'm in the same boat, on SSI, but for some reason I have never been messed with and am receiving the full benefit and I do not understand why they are screwing you guys so bad.

Hope nobody snags your bike, you will need it I'm sure. Plus there's a new job on the horizon soon I'm sure. Just be pro-active about it. I'm seeing too many here lately that seem to be waiting for the jobs to drop in their laps and that's just not happening these days.
  18. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

Thank you Dave C.. We got the bike off the hill n put it in storage. We had to buy 4 new tires 2 studed just to make it over the pass we had bald ones n very un safe. I am overdrawn 300 bucks but we left that heck hole n made it to my father in laws we in a small camper but am happier than we have been since our escapade out of ocean park. Things are looking up and we just keep on keeping on. Take care friends..Ciao
  19. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

Hi all.. Gee we are screwed going to loose my bank on the 28th I can't pay back what I borrowed! Am in the hole 233$ bucks. We moving the camper to a campground today. We put up flyers so Shane can get handyman work, I cant work since physical therapy tore up my rotator surgery in december. I am most sad and worried and dont have a living relative in the United States. Both my parents passed away and I feel like an orphan... My 09 taxes wont be done until end of May.. I wanna die. Then my husband oould get my ssi. Well I wish u all the best guys.. I miss riding my bike n I might have to sell my subaru robyn! :-( God bless n take care all.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2011
  20. keystone

keystone New Member

You must not be that bad off if you can yak on the internet,sell that stupid bicycle. I lived in a 20 ft. travel trailer for 7 years cause child support took half my pay.