Honda and HuaSheng possable Carb MOD

bideronit13

Local time
3:58 PM
I posted this at another site a few months ago and was going to try it and still am interested. I noticed after I posted it at the other site all the carbs disapeared on ebay and when one shows up the price is higher.
I really want to try it but am worried about the fit as my carb area is in question so Im going to ask the seller to measure for me. I took another look at my space again and theres no way it will fit on my bike but you can try it.
I really like this because the intake mount looks perfect for the GXH50 and HuaSheng clone.
Another tight part of the MOD is the throttle assembly on the carb. The carb comes from a Honda Elite CH80 and theres an electrical choke that could be hooked up to the on off switch or maybe bypassed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H41-...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4842332f3c

Check it out!

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Another hint is that at smallenginewarehouse.com you can look up the jets for the GX100 and see that the Jets for th GXH50 are the same part number. This makes the fittings interchangeable. So you can fit a GX100 Jet in the GXH50.
I say this becasuse there's other jets options for the GX100 that arent listed for the GXH50.

You can buy a diaphram carb to fit the hs or honda at bicycle engines, instead of gravity feed you get a sort of fuel injection and one would think better performance.

diaphgrams all the way. you can mount the tank anywhere :)

and the twin needle butterfly throttles are sooooo easy to tune in :D

old style slides a lil bit harder to get just right but are good, and these new fangled rotary barrel slide things are impossible to modify :eek: all the ones ive met at least...

what actually fits on directly, iunno :(

Can we see some pictures please?

The last time I checked for any after-market carb on the market like the diaphragm carb its been sold out for almost a year.
I checked bicycle-engines and I don’t see it in the inventory any more.
Maybe you can help out and supply a link if I’m mistaking.
Thanks Again.

Last edited:
I want to run the CH80 mod, so I'm looking for a machine shop to make a custom manifold so I can fit the carb in my build.
I appreciate the help though.
I couldnt help it so I went and purchased a Honda Elite CH80 Carb. Paid about $72 for shipping and everything.

Last edited:
I should get it in a few days. I cant wait to take it all apart. Its a used carb. I seen they also sell diaphragms for the carb but only time will tell and I'll take plenty of pictures. It seems the 1986 carb used a diaphragm. I purchased a 2006 carb. I'm really qualified at fine tunning carbs so its gonna be a breeze either way.
I dont know if you all heard about the Honda GXH50 but the thing sounds like a motor with a blower on it already and has plenty of power. I just want to un-corke it a little more so I can pull a trailer.
See Ya Later!

Last edited:
Yea honda 50 is a sweet motor and the best mab motor out there in my book. For friction drive w/adapter and clutch your looking at 500 bucks kinda pricey.

If you look at it at the standpoint of if using friction drive or anything other then the SBP shift kit you might as well get a clone.
The Honda is key to the shift kit because low vibration and high performance. So friction drive or any other drive other then SBP 4 stroke kit is kinda like putting a Ferrari on a moped which would just limit the thing.
The SBP shift kit allows 50MPH with low RPM = low wear on the motor. So a good mod would just make it that much better of a performance package.
I have a couple more tricks up my sleeve concerning several more mods. I dont want to expose to much because if I do at this point people might say I was crazy or something like they do already from time to time.
Its all part of having fun.
Well from the stand point of reasoning as the several lines below the technology will fit rite in as the Pipe mod I already have is a smaller outlet so I need to enrich carbuetion.

A smaller outlet opening end increases backpressure. This effectively decreases the powerband to create more low-end torque. It also decreases exhaust tone and enriches carburetion.

A larger exhaust outlet end decreases back pressure. This widens the powerband at the top end. It also increases exhaust tone and leans out carburetion.

Last edited:
Back