Honda GC 160

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by scottyo, Dec 21, 2009.

1. scottyo

scottyo Member

2. loquin

loquin Active Member

It's quite a bit bigger and heavier than the GXH50. (Apx. 6 HP, I believe?)

It's also illegal in most states unless you register the bicycle as a motorcycle.

I believe a few folks have used them (or similar motors) on motorized push trailers though.
  3. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

A "few more" cc's? That's an understatement!

Here's a 79cc engine (Honda copy) that some people have crammed into a bicycle frame with good results. The footprint is a bit larger than a GXH50 but a lot smaller than a GC160. It is on sale at Harbor Freight for $89.

If you are looking for something bigger, HFT has this Honda GX190 copy on sale for $99 with coupon. It is a superior engine to the Honda GC series, as it is a good quality copy of Honda's GX series engine - which is rated for commercial duty. The GC engines are engineered for consumer use.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  4. twofoot

twofoot New Member

it's a buck fifty nine on the website now. :icon_cry:
  5. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Check and see if there is a Harbor Freight store near you, then sign up for their email specials and mailers. You can get great deals and pick them up right at the store. I have a store within 10 minutes from me. Lots of good stuff, lots of cheap garbage. It's good to see and hold the tools/equipment in person before buying.