Honda GX-35... question on SD Law regarding clutch

kpeter02

Local time
4:31 AM
Hello...

I am considering getting the Honda GX35. HOwever, I am still not sure how to understand the engine yet.

SD law requires that the power source shall be equipped with a power drive system that functions directly or automatically only, not requiring clutching or shifting by the operator after the drive system is engaged.

Does that allow the GX35, as the specs mention a clutch?

Yup, denny already answered, centrifugal clutch would be considered auto as pertains moped/scooter laws. You'll be okay with that. The regs refer to a hand clutch for shifting.

BTW, what drive set-up will you be using?

Thanks. Sorry it's been so long. I actually know little at this point about engines for bicycles! I am trying to search to learn but struggling a bit. I really would like to have a motor that was chain drive and within the frame, because one thing I need to use this bike for is to transport my fishing box. And I'm sure I will crash if I have a basket on the front. So I'm trying to see what I can find. I don't really know what the drive set-up means yet. I guess it seems actually easiest to get a rear friction drive... I just don't know how to transport my tackle box without a trailer.

Looking at other motors as we speak. Thanks about the clutch info though.

Back