Honda Gxh50 Black Or Red ???

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by postysteve, May 18, 2009.

1. postysteve

postysteve Member

Hi Guys, Can anybody tel me wot is the difference between a black 1 & the red 1?

i am currently bidding on a black 1 the seller say's there is no difference between the two ?? but i'm having reservations? Has anybody got any comments on this subject ? Regards Steve.

Attached Files:

2. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Are u sure he hasn't painted his red one black cos i heard Honda were only thinking about making them in black.
    Post ad link please.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
  3. BeachBum

BeachBum New Member

I can't speak for the GXH50 but I sell the 5.5HP electric start GX160. We have gotten them almost entirely in red, but they sent a partial shipment in red once as it was the only thing they had ready at the time. So without the specifics on it, it could be only cosmetic.

Do they give you any other info or just "GXH50"? Cause I know honda has a TON of different letter/number codes the specify options. (my GX160 for example are QXE2)

4. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Black is way cooler and has my vote, less noticable too.

5. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

If it is a real GXH50, there should not be a difference from color alone. Over here, I have not personally seen a black one (mine was red as were all I saw), but then again, I bought mine in '07. It is possible they changed since then.

6. BeachBum

BeachBum New Member

Sadly looking cool suffers a drawback. Harder to spot oil leaks if they happen. :ack2:

7. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

If you get an oil leak on the engine shroud....you got trouble, my friend.

All the engines are as-cast aluminum- the plastic parts are the only things in color. You can always paint the cover any color you want. I wet sanded the grain off and painted mine silver.

Attached Files:

8. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

9. postysteve

postysteve Member

Attached Files:

10. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Looks like the current sticker....I doubt there is any difference. I just have never seen a black GXH50. I was not saying it was painted, i was just saying that color should not affect your choice as it it fairly easilly changed. I have seen many of the Chinese made clones with a black shroud, but if the retailer is trustworthy, I'm sure it is the real thing and if you want it, buy it.

11. loquin

loquin Active Member

BTW. Krylon has plastic spray paint in quite a few colors; this paint is truly plastic - it fuses to the plastic you spray it on, and forms a layer of new plastic. No sanding required. (The existing surface DOES have to be clean & dry.)

12. postysteve

postysteve Member

Why Are Some People So Obcest That It's Been Painted !!!!!!!!!!!!

13. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Cuzz the honda gx50 is the biggest baddest 50cc on the planet and if anything changes WE WANNA KNOW! Black is sooooo coooool! We be OBCEST MAN!

14. postysteve

postysteve Member

well guys i was outbid it sold for $245 so i'll after keep a look out for another one of these engines they are so hard to get hold of here in the U.K.

15. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Since u have time now make sure the threaded mounting holes(output shaft side of the engine) are the same for the UK model as they are for the US......they should be 75mm apart(centre to centre) in a square pattern.

16. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

$245 isn't a bad price....looks pretty good if they are scarce.

17. postysteve

postysteve Member

Hi, $245 yes i thought so to? but someone put a bid in the last 6 seconds and snatch it from under my nose so i'd no chance of putting another bid on? ah well want meant to be this time eh !!

Houghmade did you have a look at the private message i sent you ?

18. Old Bob

Old Bob Member

thats funny about the black gxh50, I've never seen a red one! they were all black

19. postysteve

postysteve Member

Honda Gxh50 Black Or Red ??? R.I.P.

Hi Guy's let this post R.I.P.

20. Irish John

Irish John Guest