Honda GXH50 clutch screeching

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by TWalker, Aug 26, 2008.

1. TWalker

TWalker Guest

Staton Honda but before I call Dave i'll ask here...

When letting off the throttle complewtely or even walking the bike at say above 5 mph it makes this schreeching clutch noise (85% sure its clutch) if I give it some gas (enough to engage the clutch?) while decelerating it stops.

Or obviously if I disengage the friction drive it stops.

What gives?

2. BeachBum

BeachBum New Member

My golf cart make a similar sound if I roll down a hill in gear yet not applying gas. If it is the same thing, it's the sound of your engine spinning without being given throttle. Soon as I give it a little gas, she takes off under her own power and the noise stops.

3. TWalker

TWalker Guest

Well now it schreeches and it sometimes wont even engage and sometimes it will if i shut it off for a while.

Less than a hundred miles and Ive already replaced the clutch drum and now this. I got more miles and less trouble out of my old HTs than I do the Staton Honda.

4. TWalker

TWalker Guest

I've now solved the problem. I just think I was being a bit hard on the takeoffs etc. the Honda engine is so powerful its deceptive because it is also so smooth and quiet. I also am over 200lbs and used the engine on a pusher which was was even heavier but what a sweet setup!

I'm now wanting to try out one of the Subaru Robins with chain drive on a BMX has anyone tried this?