Honda GXH50 engine WON'T fit Titan Kit.

F

fetor56

Basically it's a problem of the output shaft being to long.
The QXA's output shaft is approx 1.3" to long while the QHA's should be approx 1" to long.
There are other differences with the carby/exhaust/fuel-tank/drain plug/crankcase cover,etc but the output shaft is the main culprit.
The casings appear to be the same(with the exception of the crackcase cover) but i wouldn't trust the internals to be identical.......bummer eah. :(
P1010061.JPG P1010062.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious about the 4-bolt mount pattern on the output side of the two engines. Are they the same? I'm thinking the Titan has the slightly smaller pattern that is used on the small 2-stroke engines and the Subaru/Robin engines and could there for be used with the GEBE Power Take Off unit?

Looking closely at your photos it appears to me that the Titan essentially has an adapter shroud around the clutch and then the Dax/Titan PTO unit mounts to the adapter? Similar to the adapter made by Staton-Inc. for the Honda engine.

ocscully

Last edited:
I'm curious about the 4-bolt mount pattern on the output side of the two engines. Are they the same? I'm thinking the Titan has the slightly smaller pattern that is used on the small 2-stroke engines and the Subaru/Robin engines and could there for be used with the GEBE Power Take Off unit?

Looking closely at your photos it appears to me that the Titan essentially has an adapter shroud around the clutch and then the Dax/Titan PTO unit mounts to the adapter? Similar to the adapter made by Staton-Inc. for the Honda engine.

ocscully
The 4-hole mounting pattern is different with the Honda being slightly wider spaced.
Centre to centre Honda is 75mm
Centre to centre Titan is 70mm
That adaptor shroud your thinking is not a shroud like in the Staton setup...it is in reality a full casting anchored by the 6 bolts.
P1010061.JPG

It's actually pretty impressive how close the Titan engine is to the Honda. The parts even look interchangeable. Like you can almost adapt the Titan crankshaft.....

There's NO WAY i would assume anything of these 2 engines....for example the oil drain- plug of the Honda doesn't fit the Titan cos their different threads.

Interchangability?

The 4-hole mounting pattern is different with the Honda being slightly wider spaced.
Centre to centre Honda is 75mm
Centre to centre Titan is 70mm
That adaptor shroud your thinking is not a shroud like in the Staton setup...it is in reality a full casting anchored by the 6 bolts.
View attachment 7543

Yes the shrouding is accomplished in different ways but the end result is the same. I believe that if you put the Staton adapter on the Honda then added a 76mm clutch you would be able to bolt the Titan PTO to the Honda. I also believe that you can put a GEBE PTO or the Staton gearbox directly to the Titan. Now weather or not this percieved interchangability is good or desirable, well who knows. Its just an observation of possabilites.

ocscully

Yes the shrouding is accomplished in different ways but the end result is the same. I believe that if you put the Staton adapter on the Honda then added a 76mm clutch you would be able to bolt the Titan PTO to the Honda. I also believe that you can put a GEBE PTO or the Staton gearbox directly to the Titan. Now weather or not this percieved interchangability is good or desirable, well who knows. Its just an observation of possabilites.

ocscully
Staton adaptor on the Honda with Titan PTO.....that's pretty possible man & it's something u would need to physically test for yourself(or go from a really reliable source)
Dunno the affect on the overall distance that the engine drive sprocket protrudes & if the jackshaft(or engine) mountings would need modification.......darn interesting possabilities though. :)

I take it the Honda has the red plastic and the Titan has the black plastic. Does anyone know where the Titan is made? and by whom?

in all of the photos attached to this thread so far the Honda motor is the one on the right side.

Oscully, does that mean the Tital originates from the same factory as the Huangsheng or is it a Honda too?

Back