Ebay Honda gxh50u 4 stroke motor new

Be aware this is designated the U model, ones we use usually are designated QXA. Not sure what that U means, might be a different shaft size.

Here's the skinny on gxhu crankshaft differences. Seems the biggest difference is whether it's 15mm or 15.8mm in size, and the threads. Go to page B7 and it lists the differences. It is important to know the 3 letter designation to get it right for your needs, get an oddball shaft size can you imagine the nightmare trying to correct that mistake? http://skyforceracing.com/site1/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/gxh50gcafk-parts-catalog.pdf

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize there was any differences. I'll have to check mine that I've had in storage for a while.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

It's a dang shame those 50cc engines don't have a built in clutch. Adding a Staton clutch really pushes up the price of the drivetrain, and affects the center of gravity for a friction drive. I still might buy one though, to use in a rear mount chain drive.

1st time in my life I've ever bid on ebay, after I posted this up there I started to think hey I want that. Had to be a deal though and with $30 shipping $200 was my max, just lost it..........damn.

Got out bid at last minute. Had the option in the beginning to buy for a total of $280 which is still a good deal. Guess I should've included a max bid for last minute bidders. Staton sells an adaptor for the "U" models but it cost $130. So whoever got this one paid $240 if shipped in the USA.

Yea I even went for $205 but still wasn't enough, win some lose some. Never would have posted that if I had known I was going to bid on it, oh well. Whoever got that got a deal........next time wait till the last 30 seconds then bid maybe that's the way to go. But if an auto bid is higher you'll lose it, it's ok I set a figure and that's all I'll pay or can afford.

Yea I even went for $205 but still wasn't enough, win some lose some. Never would have posted that if I had known I was going to bid on it, oh well. Whoever got that got a deal........next time wait till the last 30 seconds then bid maybe that's the way to go. But if an auto bid is higher you'll lose it, it's ok I set a figure and that's all I'll pay or can afford.

It really doesn't matter if you post or not. These engines are hot sellers. There's a used QXA on there now. You can buy it for $225 and $20 shipping in the USA. It has damage to the casing around the pull cord, air filter clip is broken off, 3 metric bolts that hold the casing on got striped out but was retapped and replaced with 1/4 20 bolts and has 100 hours of use on it. Seller wants to straight out sell it. Would consider it if the price was lower. $225 is a lot for a used engine with damage to it.

Last edited:
$225 for a used one, that's crazy in my opinion. I don't trust folks when they say it hasn't been abused unless I get a good feel for them in person or know them. For that price I'd rather get a new HS for $139 and still be happy.

Back