Honda Vs Subaru Robin Vs Mitsubishi

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by Russel, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Russel

Russel New Member

Hello friends.
    He wanted your aid in the choice of an engine for my bicycle.
    I have these engines in mind:

HONDA GX35

these are my requesits
    hat not of these problems of greater.
    that it spent little combustible
    speed 50 km/h
    minimum noise possible.

Somebody can give an opinion?

Thanks and sorry my bad english..

2. sjackson

sjackson Member

Russel, They're all great engines. It really comes down to how you plan on using them and which one will fit best with your bike.
  3. Russel

Russel New Member

I wanted an engine to use in ffriction drive..
    I do not know if this methode is good.
    i wanted to use the engine behind the bank. It wanted that it was an engine with these requesits that said.

which will be optimum engine?

4. stude13

stude13 Active Member

read search--friction drive
  5. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

Russel -- pretty new to these small bicycle engines --- but, I have chosen the Subaru do to the fact -- steel cylinder sleave was told that the Honda doen't -- told but not sure.. If this is a fact -- GOOD SELLING POINT !! Happy Riding from Mountainman
  6. Russel

Russel New Member

stude13 you do not help me in nothing.

Mountaiman you have some photos of your bicycle that you can show? How many km you make with the full deposit?

I wait more opinions.
  7. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Yea hondas have the aluminum block without the sleeve but its a nifty lil motor and its bigger than your mits mountain. Those are all excellent motors as far as design and durability it just depends on what you want as stated before. Check out the tanaka brand too russ. Personally I wouldnt get anything smaller with a friction drive than that mits 43 cc because of the experience Ive had with my kit with the honda 50.
  8. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

My Mitsubishi is awesome, However I don't know how it would perform on a friction drive.
  9. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

My Mitsubishi TLE 43 works well on a friction drive. The 53 should work well. Where would you get a TLE 53?
  10. TracyT

TracyT Member

I got the Robin/Subaru EH035 and am using it with a friction drive.

I hooked it up over the weekend and so far it works great (except my kill switch was grounding itself so I had to disconnect it). I haven't ridden very far, though. But at about half throttle I was cruising along at 32km/h.

I'm using the Staton kit with the 1" roller.
  11. Russel

Russel New Member

thanks for your opinions. How many kilometros they make these engines for deposit? They can make a trip of 20km without stopping?

12. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

I'm sure any one of them can make a 20km trip without stopping. Mine goes 30miles on a single stock tank of gas. Not too bad for 22oz of gas eh?
  13. Russel

Russel New Member

14. Accender

Accender Member

Subaru Robin EHO35

In my opinion. Gota love that steel sleve cylinder!
    Pluse the pressure fed lubrication system / for the win!

15. stringer

stringer Banned

can any1 explain the significance of a cast iron cylinder sleeve vs aluminum?

which engine, if any, is more powerful (EHO35 & GX35)? which one lasts longer?
  16. alex

alex Guest

But, of course, a honda is a honda. And other people will agree with me that there is nothing worse than an unreliable engine. It ruins the fun of having a mb. And also, if anything goes wrong, honda has a pretty good parts service, I don't know about subaru, though.
  17. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hi Russel...
    I dont own a honda, but I do have a little vid on youtube if you want to see my Subaru Robin EHO35's running and driving. One is a friction drive from Staton, One is a belt drive from GEBE. Between the two, I have 900 trouble free miles on the Subaru Robin EHO35. I cant compare with the Honda, buy I hope this helps a little. graucho
  18. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

Must say -- I have - when riding motor bikes from Japan always preferred Honda -- but that was in the old days when I didn't know about Subaru -- Subaru bikes were not imported then -- I did just receive today my Subaru 35cc -- taken a few test rides -- I know that doesn't prove much -- but -- it seems to BE NICE RIDING !! Looking forward to tomorrow for a real long test -- Subaru a part of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. built airplanes durning the war -- nice planes -- when I owned a bicycle shop -- years back -- we sold Fuji racing bicycles -- they were built very good... As far as the steel cylinder -- should last a lot longer -- hold up better to extrem heat.. Happy Riding from Mountainman
  19. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

If you score the cylinder wall in an aluminum head, you buy another head. With a steel sleeve, you may be able to polish/replace the sleeve.
  20. lennyharp

lennyharp Member

I have about 800 miles in a month on the R Subaru EHO35. It is my first motor and I bought it on recommendation of durability. Today I went to a go kart store to see what they recommended and it was Robin Subaru. I have been debating on another motor for a second bike and I am now sold on this being the best choice for durable but maybe not speed. I think I am fine with this for my only power source at this time.