Honda Z50 motor on stretch cruiser

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by spunout, Sep 21, 2008.

1. spunout

spunout Member my plan. i know, some serious frame reinforcements needed.

BUT the kickstarter wont budge, and its stuck in neutral.

bike motors are a cinch, but i'm humbly lost when it comes to much more than that.

the ppl that gave it to me say that it ran every year, until one year it wouldnt.
    they also claim that nobody was riding it when it froze up, but who knows for certain?
    not a single drop of oil on the dipstick.

any ideas what to look for first?

Attached Files:

2. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

not one drop of oil on that dip-stick ???
    doesn't sound good...

if you haven't already
    might be time to -- pull the plug -- shoot some WD-40 and then some oil onto piston
    let it set for a day
    give it a slow hard kick -- any movement ?

Ride That Thing - Mountainman
  3. spunout

spunout Member

kool. thanks, i'll try that.
  4. mully

mully New Member

miricle oil down the cylinder(plug out) plug back in then lots o starting fluid, tow that thing behind a truck in and out out gear(bump starting it) worked forour atcs that sat tooo long by the sea in rocky point mex. ......oh yeah get sum pemex...JK
  5. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

You want to ruin the engine in a permanent fashion? Force it to turn over.

The WD-40 and let is sit is good advice- better yet, PB Blaster and 4 or 5 days of sitting. The slowly try to turn it over (put oil in it before that) with the plug out. All you are trying to do initially in get the engine rotating. Don't even think about trying to start it until it cranks over EASILY without the plug in. Take it easy. All the turning over, working it slowly will help the oil in the crankcase get where it needs to be before you start it. Before you try to start it, (might as well get a new plug), clean the carb, make sure there is no gum or varnish in it, the lines or the bowl. Then, change the oil before starting it (the PB Blaster and bits of whatever it dislodges will get into the oil while you are loosening it up).

Good luck!
  6. spunout

spunout Member

i think houghmade has it right. i'll dump some in Saturday. I'll have to stand the bike up, wheelie-style, to get the oil to penetrate all around the piston because it doesnt sit up and down. its piston faces the front of the bike.