horse power pipe and carb dirt cycle

here are some pics of the new hp carb and super performance pipe mods... the difference is amazing in power!!! and the sound is super cool too... instead of the stock boring sound it has a very crisp snappy pop sound, and its also completely out of the way of your leg... and now i can hall a** up this big dirt hill i had to help peddle up before... i also skimmed the head, ported, and put a 56 tooth sprocket on so it cruzes at 25 istead of 35, but throws dirt up when accelerating off road! these mods have got to bring it up to 4 or 5 horse instead of stock 3.5 horse... if i put the original 44 tooth sprocket on im sure it could exceed 40 but im more into power...

Attachments

• DSCN0542.JPG
    DSCN0542.JPG
    392.8 KB · Views: 1,270
  • DSCN0544.JPG
    DSCN0544.JPG
    492 KB · Views: 686
  • DSCN0547.JPG
    DSCN0547.JPG
    363.9 KB · Views: 779
  • DSCN0543.JPG
    DSCN0543.JPG
    489.8 KB · Views: 1,024
Thats what I love about this site,just when you think youve seen it all, a person "invents" a new and better way. I hope you tell us what machining you did to carb and where you got the "parts" for the muffler. I want more info, please!

just drilled out the holes and machined down the manifold for a better fit, it doesnt require much at all... as far as the "parts" for the pipe, i used a one inch peace of steal tubing with a u bend in it, welded it to the pipes flange, bended accordingly to fit between peddles and chain then welded it to the expansion chamber... turned out to be an excellent header pipe!

Thanks, so you did not really have to machine the carb.drilling bigger holes is not a big deal at all.So I guess you bought the end ( expansion chamber)? Is it a little quieter for sneaking around the city? I know you called it a "crisp sound" and I like the sounds of that but I have to be a sneaky little , under the radar kind of guy! lol

now THAT is a sick ride. very cool modifications! It's amazing to hear how that thing pulls off road... makes me want to do some work on the old motored bike!

hey cooltoy, yeah i bought this expansion chamber http://www.earthscooters.com/exhaust.html and this carbhttp://www.pocketbikesunlimited.com/BIGBORE.html the carb required just minor machining on the manifold for a better fit along with the holes drilled... and the sound of the pipe is louder than stock especially at low rpm, but once you raise the rpm it sord of milds out... if you are trying to ride sneeky, this pipe is not going to help, its more of a performance pipe, but it does sound awsome... it sounds like this from idle, to acceleration, back to idle - pop pop pop pop, vvrrrrrrruuuuuuummmmmmmmm, pop pop pop pop... lol

thanks Jackson... i took it for a ride today after getting it dialed in and the bike pulls stinking wheelies! then i pinned it in the dirt and the rear tire breaks loose especiall when turning! also the streets were wet today and i pinned it while making a u-turn on my street and the rear tire broke loose again and spun out! on the stinking asphault! lol, im amazed at the power, i cant wait to go for a good ride tom. now that its all dialed in..

Good looking bike, looks like a lot of fun. A few questions, Is that a roller bearing small end engine? Did you change the intake timing? I have not messed with the transfer ports, did you raise or widen them? I have the exhaust at 1.1 in from the top, and wider all around. That carb looks like it would make a big difference, the Walbro is a good choice, I have not tried a pulse carb yet. Think about a reed block on the intake with the flow through the piston, I would like to hear some more feedback on that system. I am trying to put one together. If you go there, I will let you know how to introduce another port for intake, if you don't already know about that. I get it from the old Hodaka days. I guess you would call it a fourth port on one of these. Do a search here for "reed valve" Have fun, Dave
PS: I went looking and saw you were posting over at the Easy Rider mods. Think about the reed induction I think you would like it in the off road conditions, should pull like a freight train.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Dave... the engine is an "80cc" from spooky tooth... i havnt messed with the transfer ports either, it seems kinda hard to get in there... and the header pipe manifold is machined to match the cylinder... the cylinder/head is skimmed down to increase the compression with a better spark plug. the reed block sounds awsome, talk to easy rider about that, he showed me a race bike with the same engine with a reed cage on it and it looked pretty trick... and let me know of any other little mods or ideas you think would help... thanks Dave...

Ultimusmaximus,
I have good news - i will be in LA later this year as a promotion for our new bikes - and i hope that i may be able to entice a few of the "enthusiasts" to get down to a track for a bit of a ride/race. We will even throw some cash in for prizes etc. We will have some bikes for testing (thrashing) and will be looking to get some local support but more details on that to follow. Perhaps you may want to join us and bring that filth ride with you? Got any companions who also may take an interest in showing of thier creations?

Back