HoughMade Cycle Works- mock up

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by HoughMade, Oct 22, 2007.

1. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Still needs a few details- I am fabricating a cover that will go over the tank and make it look more pre -WWI, and plates to blend the engine mounting plate so it does not look so flat- but she hit 40 mph Saturday- with a 56 tooth sprocket- I have a 48 tooth....so far I have no interest in installing it.

Attached Files:

2. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Your bike looks fast. Nice build.
  3. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

Hi, nice machine ... just a favour to ask - do you have any idea whether that rear stand would fit on a bike with deraillier gears?

I think I see the same fork as I have again - it does seem to turn up all over the place :)

I was thinking of buying the stand - but the UK supplier didnt know *sigh*

Jemma xx
  4. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

I'm sorry, i do not know for sure. What I can say is that I think it would fit a wide variety of widths because the steel has a lot of spring to it and it has wide adjusting slots.
  5. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Houghmade, Nice job! When I first look at those engines , they remind me of the old russion repo of the 250 BMW's. Awesome, like out of the late 30's.
    Is this the machine that gets the new white tires?
  6. azbill

azbill Active Member

I have that stand and could not make it fit on my mountain bike, I have just built a Jaguar (gears as well), and will let you know if I can make it fit...
    I hope it fits, but it seems to be for single speeds only (the drop-outs are shaped different)

PS...sorry to jump on your thead HM :)
    your bike is coming along very nicely :D
  7. forrest

forrest Guest

That looks nice! I like what you did with the seat. What type of frame did you start with? Do you have any pictures of the pull start side? That is the only thing that I wish looked different on those engines, something that looked more "vintage" Great job.

8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i'm hearing some great things about the 4-stroke happy times...and you've just shown us the "cool factor" is still alive and well, too...very nice :cool:
  9. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Thanks much to all for your kind words.

I started with a kind of generic Huffy cruiser frame from the mid '90s. I got it at a flea market for $25.

I just snapped a couple of pics- so I don't have any of the pull start side yet- but my plan there is to romove all the stickers and smooth the shroud to make it look more like metal (remove the grain) and paint it the color of the rest of the bike which will be tan. I'm still playing with the idea of some sort of cosmetics to make it look older than it is on that side- it will obviously be a pull start small engine, but perhaps it will not look modern and Honda.
  10. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Very cool! Sounds like the 4 stroker goes pretty good. Can you give us details on where you got your kit and the price?
  11. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2007
  12. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

sorry sorta OT: that's a statistic to ponder...i wonder how the utility-engine market's gonna handle the wave of sales?
  13. alesterfeind

alesterfeind Guest

That is a cool bike. I can't wait to get one of those engines. I considered getting the Honda engine now, and just wait till the good kits and better gear boxes come out.
  14. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Wow, what a cool looking ride. Nice work!
  15. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Nice...wish mine looked like that. H*ll, wish I could get mine running. :rolleyes:
  16. Irish John

Irish John Guest

Wow HoughMade, that is just what I'm trying to build only I have a schwinn cruiser without the springer forks. Are those forks the modern sort and are they trustworthy at high speed?
    I love the look of them & the metallic red spring. I reckon the handlebar position would give me a bad back & neck but it looks like the bike out of The Worlds Fastest Indian. I'll mail you a picture of mine when it progresses a bit but yours has inspired me!
    Thanks, John
  17. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

The fork is brand new and I currently have it tightened in far enough that there is actually little travel. I have had it up to about 40 mph and it seems pretty stable. I am 6'3" and over 220 lbs. and the position is surprisingly comfy.
  18. turbo/chaos

turbo/chaos Guest

im sorry to say this the owner sent me one never worked right bent gear for the rim cheap and scrapes on the tank and needs lots of work to get it going right from what bryan symon the shadow of roland said and dax said to keep a distince from him i dont know whyZ?

but im back working on it so hope to change my thoughts of this engine but as of right know i would get the one from thats dax same price and it really works and the clone kit from american chain drive cheaper and more simplistic
    and easy to instal and works great to

just keep a eye out fror what you get and i talked to mr dawn grubee him self and he said that this bondel that bird dog has is the bad set that he let them have for cheap since the factory messed up on the clutch set up

his words not mine
  19. lobsterboyx

lobsterboyx Guest

Forgive my lack of info on frame mounted 4 strokes, but is there one out there aside from a whizzer that is a not a spruced up lawnmower motor?
  20. Lawnmower motors have vertical shafts. This is a spruced up weedwacker mower. Get it right. :grin: