HoughMade Cycle Works- mock up

Still needs a few details- I am fabricating a cover that will go over the tank and make it look more pre -WWI, and plates to blend the engine mounting plate so it does not look so flat- but she hit 40 mph Saturday- with a 56 tooth sprocket- I have a 48 tooth....so far I have no interest in installing it.

Attachments

• bike_cycle_5.JPG
    bike_cycle_5.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 1,311
  • bike_cycle_3.JPG
    bike_cycle_3.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 1,029
Still needs a few details- I am fabricating a cover that will go over the tank and make it look more pre -WWI, and plates to blend the engine mounting plate so it does not look so flat- but she hit 40 mph Saturday- with a 56 tooth sprocket- I have a 48 tooth....so far I have no interest in installing it.

Hi, nice machine ... just a favour to ask - do you have any idea whether that rear stand would fit on a bike with deraillier gears?

I think I see the same fork as I have again - it does seem to turn up all over the place :)

I was thinking of buying the stand - but the UK supplier didnt know *sigh*

Jemma xx

I'm sorry, i do not know for sure. What I can say is that I think it would fit a wide variety of widths because the steel has a lot of spring to it and it has wide adjusting slots.

Houghmade, Nice job! When I first look at those engines , they remind me of the old russion repo of the 250 BMW's. Awesome, like out of the late 30's.
Is this the machine that gets the new white tires?
Doc

Hi, nice machine ... just a favour to ask - do you have any idea whether that rear stand would fit on a bike with deraillier gears?

I have that stand and could not make it fit on my mountain bike, I have just built a Jaguar (gears as well), and will let you know if I can make it fit...
I hope it fits, but it seems to be for single speeds only (the drop-outs are shaped different)

PS...sorry to jump on your thead HM :)
your bike is coming along very nicely :D

Hello

That looks nice! I like what you did with the seat. What type of frame did you start with? Do you have any pictures of the pull start side? That is the only thing that I wish looked different on those engines, something that looked more "vintage" Great job.

Forrest

i'm hearing some great things about the 4-stroke happy times...and you've just shown us the "cool factor" is still alive and well, too...very nice :cool:

Thanks much to all for your kind words.

I started with a kind of generic Huffy cruiser frame from the mid '90s. I got it at a flea market for $25.

I just snapped a couple of pics- so I don't have any of the pull start side yet- but my plan there is to romove all the stickers and smooth the shroud to make it look more like metal (remove the grain) and paint it the color of the rest of the bike which will be tan. I'm still playing with the idea of some sort of cosmetics to make it look older than it is on that side- it will obviously be a pull start small engine, but perhaps it will not look modern and Honda.

Very cool! Sounds like the 4 stroker goes pretty good. Can you give us details on where you got your kit and the price?

Back