HoughMade Oddities

Well, at long last, I think I have all the parts mocked up- hopefully some things you may not have seen before are incuded. Here are pics of a few details- all designed to create the impression of a motorcycle from the teens.

First, the non-functional leaf springs, front and rear- non-functional as springs at least. They are my fenders and due to their construction, are not susceptible to breaking like standard fenders are. Also, I fabbed a bracket for the tail light:

Attachments

• JLH pics 061.JPG
    JLH pics 061.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 1,204
  • JLH pics 059.JPG
    JLH pics 059.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,159
I've said it before, but you are just full of good ideas. Most of which will get ripped off and used by members of this forum. Nice work, keep it up.

It's give and take- I didn't come up with everything I did on my own. I got many of my ideas right here.

I'll probably be one of the members stealing some of your ideas.
I'll take some pics of mine next week and post em up.

Wow! I love that picture. I'm going to find a way to get a good quality copy of that o hang in my office.

I noticed that too- I know they used them back then, but that stikes me as a bad idea these days- great for looks, though.

I have a spirit of adventure, but I would prefer not having to include extra underwear in my tool roll.

Here is the pull start. It's hard to see in these pictures, but the starter has been painted with a charcoal gray "hammered" finish that looks pretty good- and very much like metal.

Attachments

• DVC00154.JPG
    DVC00154.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 254
Back