HoughMade on Wired.com

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by HoughMade, Nov 1, 2008.

1. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

2. astring

astring Member

I look at Wired.com every day and it blew me away to see this. Did they interview you in person or by email.
  3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

You're famous!!!
  4. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

That is SO COOL Mr. Hough!
    I can only dream about creating something so awesome. You are one of my MB heroes here!
  5. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

By e-mail and other comments were taken from my postings about it in various places.

Having been mis-quoted and misrepresented in interviews regarding some cases I have handled, I have a bit of mistrust for journalists, but that article turned out very nice.
  6. terrence

terrence Member

Wow congrat's! That made it worth all the hard/enjoyable work you have done on your build. I hope articles like this inspire more people to get MB's. Great job HoughMade!
  7. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Excellent. Way cool.
  8. cgbjake

cgbjake Member

Your article may have answered my question I posted earlier...is that a true GXH50 mated to a Grubee Skyhawk III? Thats exactly the set up I'm going for. What do you say the gear reduction is if that truly is a Grubee III.

Great to see your getting some attention for your bike, and it's great for the sport. I would love to have the time to research some old footage of those old bike races on motordomes. I think that's where I would have been hanging out if I was raised in those days! Great Job!!!

9. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Yes, mine uses a Honda engine I got from Small engine Warehouse. My gearbox is a Stage II, but the internals are the same as a Stage III- the Stage III appears to have been modified to be easier to run wet...which I don't think I would do anyway- but it's still the best gearbox for this application that I know of.

I believe that the reduction is 3.7:1 (I counted teeth at one time).
  10. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

WOW - that is fairly awesome. You are truly a scholar and a gentleman.

Nice article, great bike. Sweet.
  11. will_start

will_start Member

can I be the 10th in line to shake your virtual hand ?
    well done HoughMade !!!
  12. hill climber

hill climber Member

thats the to get the word out there in a good light. well done
  13. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Thanks to all. I just wanted a hobby...didn't expect this reaction.
  14. TwoWalks

TwoWalks Member

You may not have expected this reaction, but you darn well deserve it :grin:

Great recognition for a beautiful bike and a dang good builder
  15. You go Ho!

That's one sweet MB. Real craftsmanship. Thanks for sharing.