How about an Events and Gatherings Forum?

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by Mile High Chop-Ped, Mar 2, 2007.

1. As gets more members many are in the same areas of the country. I belong to a skate crew here in the Denver area called the Mile High Rollers and we use the events section of the to set up rides, jams and races. Something similar on this site would be great.

2. pianoman8t8

pianoman8t8 Guest

that sounds like a really kool idea...

anyone here from maine?
  3. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

If you would, use mapquest and post a map of your location, down in TRAVELING, then folks (even unregistered guests) could look/gather.

The informal conversations would probably result in small intitial get togethers pretty quick.

One Colorado map, one Maine map, and things may grow as fast as the forum.

Australians use maps, right? They could start MB jousting down under, export the sport to US.
  4. Tom

Tom Active Member

Thats not a bad idea. Its hard cause we dont have a lot of members that are located too near one another. As the forum grows, we will probably need that section.
  5. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

yup, i sure hope the trafiic dictates that eventuallity...

meantime, please consider requesting a usergroup for your area/region/chapter...
  6. The way it worked out on the Fish was that everyone around the country started posting small local rides and any national events events coming up. Just having the forum seemed to bring in more riders in all areas because it gave them a forum to get a time and place together to ride. Now those threads get tons of use. We just tell people who want to ride with us to watch the Fish for our next ride. You also see what kind of rides others are putting together and implement those ideas in your area. If you don't have a forum for events they just get buried in the General or somewhere else. Where is the thread about the Spookytooth Death Race? It worked for a bunch of skaters it should work for Motorized Bikers too.
  7. JFleck

JFleck Guest

Blaze and I hang out and ride bikes all the time,
    and drink beer,
    and build cool stuff,
    I don't know who else may be in this area????

8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

it's wherever roland put it...he wasn't answering our questions, otherwise it would still be "up top"...

hey, i'm completely in accord with you...but we do like to see the traffic to justify the move...see my topic about usergroups, i've had no takers as of yet. if you'd like to start a "Colorado Chapter" usergroup with you as group leader, let me know...if you get the membership, we'll gladly build you a forum.

if you can make it work, people will see it and take example...and your idea will become reality.
  9. That is where the forum for events comes in you would just list that you guys are going to ride. Say take off from the Pier (I grew up in HB) at 10:00 on a listed date and even non members show up. They see it just browsing the site as guests. Lots of the riders who show up at our skate sessions are not even members of the site they saw it on. Although they usually sign up latter.

Augidog I think this also works as a response to what you said above. This kind of thing would never happen with a users group. At any given time there seem to be as many guests as registered users on this site.
  10. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

that's a good point...use it or lose it :p
  11. Tom

Tom Active Member

I actually think that mile-high has a point. How would we go about creating a special forum or set of forums? Would we have a section that is a bunch of forums for each region? Would we have one forum that is for all "rides"?

I think we should start off with a forum that is for "Meets" and then if it gets big enough, break it out into "West, Midwest, East, South" etc.
  12. Tom

Tom Active Member

freggin a! I was about to make the forum then noticed that its already there!!!! you are always 2 steps ahead of me!
  13. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest