How about breaking off the Tricycles?

bamabikeguy

Local time
3:58 AM
I have a Staton kit on order, for a regular Schwinn adult trike...unlike those 2 Worksman PAV's I did last year.

As more and more senior citizen types get interested, maybe a section "Tricycles" could be added, OR they could be added to the "Title" in the recumbent section, "Recumbents and Trikes".

It is just nice to be able to point a client to one section for ideas, and the electric trikes could be crossposted to both areas.

Seperate "TRIKE" Forum

Huzzah, Huzzah....I am all in favor of a forum dedicated solely to the fine art of "TRIKE" building. Trikes are bikes, yes...kinda, but they have their own set of woes and fixes. I say do it....Huzzah....Huzzah!

Powered Trikes Section

Hi Tom, I have recently had an inquiry from a guy who has a need to build a trike for a special needs owner. Of all the bikes I have built only one was a trike, a high-end recumbent w/Staton. I think the trike market/builders group is growing and it would be nice to address them in an easily found manner.

I agree with these two guys that trike construction/design/engineering is completely different than standard Motor Bicycle.

I think the membership might be best served, if you did do a section, to be called something like "Powered Trikes" whereby all types of the trikes would be showcased in one area, especially considering that the trike market is rather limited, and that would insure some traffic, and life to that area.

All types being recumbent, upright, conversions, homemade, etc, whether electric, solar, wind-powered ,2 or 4 stroke.

What do you think? Thanks for considering these needs.

Mike

My semi-slackful-guesstimate is there already are twenty or more Trike Builds on here, that would seem to be a good start to having a robust discussion and have enough experts to give good answers.

New section!

Hi Tom, and Dave, thanks for what you have done for the group. I dunno how much time I will be there, but I know that the Powered Trikes section will be an asset to many.

I really appreciate your quick response to the needs of the group.

Mike

Back