How Do! from NW WA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by pugeteer, May 25, 2008.

1. pugeteer

pugeteer New Member

Nice to have found this list. I commute 16 miles a day on a pedal only road bike and have done for years. Also have a no-suspension mt bike that I use to haul a trailer. I'd like to put a gas motor on the MT. I'm getting close to 60and heat with wood. The cards are on the table for fuel prices, who knows about health/aging, so I'd like to be ready. The old Datsun PU I use for hauling wood won't last forever and ****ed if I feel like buying another truck. I'd like to hold on to the Geo Metro as it gets 45-50 MPG and I can haul a small trailer with it, too. Good cargo space in it, too. Get all my wood very locally, so hauling logs on a bike trailer is possible. Guess this is a place for me to pick up ideas and see what's out there on the market. I'm currently looking at the GEBE subaru. A guy on the Peak Oil listserv swears by it and has but many thousands of miles on one, (2 stroke, I think). I hate riding my bike behind 2 stroke scooters, so I'd opt for a 4 stroke, even with the limitations. Any feedback out there, I'm up for it.

2. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc. If you are wanting to be able to haul wood on a trailer, gearing will probably be an important concern. I don't know what you have in the way of hills to deal with, but the legal motors for these bikes are pretty small. I would suggest a chain drive because it allows for a wide range of gearing possibilities (see the Sponsor ad for Custom Sprockets on the left).
  3. hellbilly

hellbilly Guest

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your project.
  4. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to MBc from the Giant Side of Texas!