How do i check for leaks if i cant idle

The tapered screw raises or lowers the barrel to allow air to flow through the carb, the barrel has a corresponding angled notch that the idle screw rests against.

buy a handlebar extension, cut the curved end off, put it on your bar and put shifter on that, THEN put throttle on right side

Attachments

• s-l225.jpg
    s-l225.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 182
A few comments:

Relax a bit. Your engine runs well! You have a good build there.

Your fuel peacock is good. When the valve is aligned with the fuel line it is open. When the valve is PERPENDICULAR to the fuel line it should shut off flow.

The switch on your carb is the choke. If you have trouble with cold starts, move the choke lever up which denies air to the cylinder. You'll have to turn off the choke for a normal run condition.

Check those fenders! The way you bang over those road humps you could knock a fender loose and crash. You may want to ease over those things s bit more. Come off the saddle or something.

To improve braking, see if you can adapt V-brakes as they apply higher pressure to the brake rims.

Last edited:
A few comments:

Relax a bit. Your engine runs well! You have a good build there.

Your fuel peacock is good. When the valve is aligned with the fuel line it is open. When the valve is PERPENDICULAR to the fuel line it should shut off flow.

The switch on your carb is the choke. If you have trouble with cold starts, move the choke lever up which denies air to the cylinder. You'll have to turn off the choke for a normal run condition.

Check those fenders! The way you bang over those road humps you could knock a fender loose and crash. You may want to ease over those things s bit more. Come off the saddle or something.

To improve braking, see if you can adapt V-brakes as they apply higher pressure to the brake rims.

most helpful comment ever. not to say that everyone else's advice after the video wasn't but this contained allot of knowledge. Btw the reason for going over the bumps fast is because not only are the brakes bad but slowing the engine cuts it off and that acts like a 60-0 in 2.1 second death trap. (not that i can go 60)

buy a handlebar extension, cut the curved end off, put it on your bar and put shifter on that, THEN put throttle on right side
i'll have to think about that one, but thanks for the kind suggestion.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I would get the nt figured out before trying the CNS or rt, the CNS is prone to have air leaks at the bushing in the intake. The carb you are looking at uses the same type bushing.

How I check for air leaks is spray with WD40 around gaskets, seals and so on. If it revs up or dies while spraying you no where the leak is. Been doing this for years on motorcycles works great.

Back