How do I dispose of gas that can't be used?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Sprocket777, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Sprocket777

Sprocket777 New Member

I have a few gallons of a mystery mix ratio that i don't want to risk using. A large bonfire is not an option :grin5:

2. loquin

loquin Active Member

Add it, a half gallon at a time, to the car's tank (after each fill-up...)

3. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

I just dump my experimental blend leftovers into my car tank (pretty full tank as noted). Could be placebo effect, but my cars love the stuff. I think most modern fuels are lacking in lubricity and ring seal lubes, so I don't think it's all in my ***.

4. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Yep - I do the same thing with my stale gas. Mix it in little by little with a full tank of fresh fuel in my car.

I'm thinking of hooking up an old lawn mower engine to a "recycled" induction motor to make an induction generator that I can plug in to generate my own electricity with old/mystery fuel. WTH, sounds like good clean fun....

5. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Great idea. It takes a long time to just evaporate unwanted fuel, even in Arizona.

6. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

putting 2 stroke in your car may not be good for the catalytic converter. Wouldn't do this too much... could ruin your cat and cause you trouble next time you have to get your car smogged. Probably wont happen with a few gallons but if you rely heavily on this could cause problems.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  7. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I doubt that anyone's purposely letting much fuel go bad. :evilgrin:

8. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

If I burn 6-10 ounces of two stroke oil in my car per year, it won't hurt the catalytic converter more than the few quarts of oil it consumes normally over the course of 15,000 miles. At least two stroke oil is meant to be burned in the combustion chamber and leave minimal deposits.
    Some people purposely put additives like Marvel Mystery Oil in their fuel all year long without ill effect.

9. graucho

graucho Active Member

I agree. I usually have a few gallons of outboard fuel (50-1) in the tank at the end of the season. I also cheat a trace with a full tank of gas in my vehicles without any problems.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  10. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

OK... it was just a thought.

11. PatrickW

PatrickW Staff Member

I stick it in the gas tank of the car, too...only I stick it in the wife's car. <G>

12. Sprocket777

Sprocket777 New Member

Great idea! I added a little to almost every gas thing around my house.

13. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I add it to my car all at once. My rotary engine loves the extra oil. As for the cat's going bad, nope...the car has 2 cats and they are doing well with the fact that the engine is already oil injected.

What I have leftover, i put in my lawnmower, my Ford taurus, or whatever runs on gas.

14. robin bird

robin bird Member

I have 1 gas can and always use 2 cycle gas in my 4 cycle mower.I also dump the excess in my 1990 Toyota truck--which i only touch once every week or 2--i use the MB always for fun and transport.

15. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

Mine also
    car and truck have seen much of this old mixed gas thrown in tank
    don't notice anyTHING as it burns
    MM

16. DJEEPER

DJEEPER Member

have any weeds that need to be gone?

(i kid i kid... :p )

17. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member