How do I dispose of gas that can't be used?

Sprocket777

Local time
5:04 PM
I have a few gallons of a mystery mix ratio that i don't want to risk using. A large bonfire is not an option :D

I just dump my experimental blend leftovers into my car tank (pretty full tank as noted). Could be placebo effect, but my cars love the stuff. I think most modern fuels are lacking in lubricity and ring seal lubes, so I don't think it's all in my ***.

Yep - I do the same thing with my stale gas. Mix it in little by little with a full tank of fresh fuel in my car.

I'm thinking of hooking up an old lawn mower engine to a "recycled" induction motor to make an induction generator that I can plug in to generate my own electricity with old/mystery fuel. WTH, sounds like good clean fun....

Great idea. It takes a long time to just evaporate unwanted fuel, even in Arizona.

putting 2 stroke in your car may not be good for the catalytic converter. Wouldn't do this too much... could ruin your cat and cause you trouble next time you have to get your car smogged. Probably wont happen with a few gallons but if you rely heavily on this could cause problems.

Last edited:
putting 2 stroke in your car may not be good for the catalytic converter. Wouldn't do this too much... could ruin your cat and cause you trouble next time you have to get your car smogged. Probably wont happen with a few gallons but if you rely heavily on this could cause problems.

If I burn 6-10 ounces of two stroke oil in my car per year, it won't hurt the catalytic converter more than the few quarts of oil it consumes normally over the course of 15,000 miles. At least two stroke oil is meant to be burned in the combustion chamber and leave minimal deposits.
Some people purposely put additives like Marvel Mystery Oil in their fuel all year long without ill effect.

I agree. I usually have a few gallons of outboard fuel (50-1) in the tank at the end of the season. I also cheat a trace with a full tank of gas in my vehicles without any problems.

Last edited:
Back