how do i know whether quick release skewers will fit?

happyjourney

Local time
4:37 PM
I have a seven speed schwinn beach cruiser style bicycle that i'm going to put my mb kit onto and i plan the get a rear and front rack and basket that i wanted to attach to be quickly removable by using quick release skewers. how do i know that the skewers will be long enough or strong enough to carry heavy loads? I plan on attaching a huge wald basket to the front that i can hopefully quickly remove and pannier bags on back of the rack with a huge wald basket that i could remove quickly as well. i plan on putting a battery on that back rack as well to run a electric motor attached to the front as well as a lighting system.

The general rule of thumb with motorized bicycles is..... if you need the wheel's axle to be strong and reliable, never ever use hollow axles with quick release skewers.

I've since reconsidered on the whole idea. i was just brainstorming i suppose. its been a long day of me cruising forums and trying to come up with a clear idea of what the end result i'm looking for.

Back