How do I remove the small gear on the crank end that drives the clutch?

Discussion in 'Transmission / Drivetrain' started by roscop, Dec 29, 2011.

1. roscop

roscop New Member

Need help and advise on removing the small gear on the crank end that drives the clutch.

2. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

There is a tool (gear puller) that is supplied in the kit. Not all kits includes them... This tool will aid in removing the 10 tooth drive gear, the clutch housing and the small clutch gear. If your kit didn't include one, you can buy from a vendor, or I have loaner tools to lend. All have woodruff keys to keep the gear from spinning on the shaft.

[​IMG]........[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  3. roscop

roscop New Member

Small gear that drives clutch.

A1, no puller in my kit. Had to order one. Is there a pin besides the key? Also, are these to be pressed on? My first bike obviously.I rode it seven times and this gear stripped all the teeth off. Weird. I was still in break-in mode and taking it easy. Thanks for the answer to my first question by the way.

4. Cavi Mike

Cavi Mike Member

Which gear are you talking about? He showed the chain drive sprocket, you described the crank output gear.

5. roscop

roscop New Member

Removing gear.

the wrong picture was shown but he was talking about the correct gear. It's called a small beveled gear.

6. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

Reread my post...I'm showing the gear puller.... and how it is used.

There is a tool (gear puller) that is supplied in the kit. Not all kits includes them... This tool will aid in removing the 10 tooth drive gear, the clutch housing and the small clutch gear. If your kit didn't include one, you can buy from a vendor, or I have loaner tools to lend. All have woodruff keys to keep the gear from spinning on the shaft.