how do you go about getting in the over 50 mph club.

First ditch the two stroke garage lol find a nice four stroke with adequate power that you desire and fabricated it to whatever bike of your liking :)

There's only so fast I would want to go before upgrading to a motorcycle:)

Been 50mph (downhill) and 45ish (flat) that was something that was fun but I don't want to go that fast all the time..... Seen a buddy wipeout cruising 35, after that I learned don't drive in emergency lanes and watch for rocks.... So definitely don't cruise going 45-50mph

If you do want to go that fast just keep it safe.
When I just go ride my bike I wear long pants (should wear knee pads but don't have any) with boots, gloves and a DOT full face helmet. With all that gear it makes me feel better if something does happen try and save the bike;)

I feel pretty confident in my driving skills, it's just the other idiots you have to watch out for..... Have many country hicks that drive near me that don't like bicycles let alone ones that sound like weedeaters lol

Speed can be fun, just don't be stupid
Get safe before doing it

a lot of it has to do with how solid your setup is. my first bike, 30 felt terrifying, but my latest bike feels safe all the way to the fastest it's gone at 67 miles per hour. of course, 67 took a tiny sprocket, overinflated tires, and drafting, but it managed. normal gearing and normal conditions it is easily capable of 55 miles per hour and feels perfectly safe at that speed. it even stops good going that fast

Not me i would love a 250cc in a push bike. i hit 77.1 kmh on a 66cc mtb for about 1 km and it wants to come off the road just need wings even if I don't go 50mph all the time I no I can with ezy like a v8 you don't need a 6 liter v8. When a s**ty honda comes you don't need to race you know you can beat him I would be happy as and think of the burnouts /monos

a lot of it has to do with how solid your setup is. my first bike, 30 felt terrifying, but my latest bike feels safe all the way to the fastest it's gone at 67 miles per hour. of course, 67 took a tiny sprocket, overinflated tires, and drafting, but it managed. normal gearing and normal conditions it is easily capable of 55 miles per hour and feels perfectly safe at that speed. it even stops good going that fast
You are right I never had brake problem if thay work good that's all you need you can only go so far till the wheel locks up eny way. Better is better till you are going 50 mph then thay all lock up if you had to put them on hard.

whenever my current engine finally dies (shouldn't be long now) I'm going with a denardis engine. whether it's going to be 60cc or 125cc only my wallet can decide.

My biggest problem at that speed was brakes, only had a coaster (was a buddies bike.... I'm not that stupid;))
I've been 40mph on one of my bikes and my tires were crazy low so it liked to walk around

I had another bike I hit 37mph on that was a chromo frame with a great wheelset, good tires and disc brake in the front while a coaster in the back.... It would go any speed comfortably till I locked the motor up:D (long story lol)

Back