How does this spark plug look?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Jeckler, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Jeckler

Jeckler New Member

This is the plug out of my Skyhawk 66cc GT-5. It has a CNS v3 carb, NGK B6HS plug, 91 octane fuel, WalMart Universal oil at 20:1. Stock catalytic muffler through a Whizzer flex tube exiting at the rear of the bike
    This was a WOT chop last night after about a 5 minute ride. To me it looks OK, and will probably richen up when I switch to a lighter mix. Just wanted to see what others thought. The brown on the threads is anti-sieze.

Attached Files:

2. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

heats fine, mix is fairly close, most of that deposit is simply excess oil.

it will richen slightly with less oil, yes. so the jet will need to be a tad smaller then.

its best to use brand new plugs for chops. no previous deposits or discolouration to deal with.

hard to take a good pic of a plug, innit? :jester:
  3. Jeckler

Jeckler New Member

Very hard to take a pic. It usually focuses on the threads, though this time it was the socket. :)
    I did another one last night. This time at cruise. It's a bit darker, so I'm definitely going to have to make the jet smaller.

Attached Files:

4. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Hard to tell because the plug looks wet, but that can happen when you kill the engine without pulling in the clutch straight away; wetting the spark plug.