How fast do you [comfortably] ride?

locksmith

Local time
11:21 AM
Question, I've had my bike for a while but I really haven't taken it over 20 for any length of time. I usually cruise around ~15 because that's the average speed of low throttle, just enough for the clutch to engage. When I go over 20, the front tire and handle bars move a bit and do not drive straight. Everything is tight, it just doesn't feel 100 percent stable. Is this a problem with the bike (it's very light) or just a confidence issue?

It has been windy and I've had to compensate for that with the steering (and leaning). At high speeds it feels like I'm gonna get blown off the road

How fast do you guys cruise? What does it feel like?

As far as the motor goes, it's just 40cc's but the torque is amazing. I cruise 18-20 uphill no problem and plough through the wind

Bike:
Wlnpl4J.jpg

Gosh, I guess really the best speed for me is right around 25. The motor acts like it's happiest 24-27 on 29" rims..............

Honda 35 does about 28 mph tops, no speedo just a guess but that's the sweet spot. Honda 50 with 1-1/2 roller 35 is tops?. With that one 30 is the sweet spot.......are your handle bars in sync with your forks? Wheel centered in the forks? Everything tight as should be? Front wheel axle centered in the slots? Dunno why your front end feels sloppy but theres a reason, just need to look it over and see wassup. My new Schwinn had an issue like that and it turned out to be the front axle wasn't centered in the slots exactly as needed.

I haven't officially clocked it, but under smooth road conditions I think I cruise around 28-32mph, and with a good tailwind in the 40mph range.The fairing gave me great wind-cutting, and in general a LWB recumbent gets smoother the faster you go.sun3.jpg

Nice,Nice Grinn...................Fairing helps, I'm sure................. What PSI do you run?

Yeah, my little 66cc..............

Attachments

• spppp.jpg
    spppp.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 309
I try to keep both my bikes near 30 even though they both go faster easily---25-30 and I'm comfy with my skills etc

Mine is happy running 25 mph (50cc China girl). I get that with a 39t rear sprocket.

much like your car, the motor is happiest cruising at about 2/3 throttle

what that works out to in speed depends on gearing & wheel size

40 mph on skinny tires and tiny brakes makes me nervous - 25 feels better

Locksmith, something is messed up on your bike.
I feel safer at slow speeds, 20 to 25 is where I find myself most of the time.

Cool! Y'all ride faster than i do haha. I have a 29'er and i prob should have motorized it instead, cause it rides a lot smoother and carries momentum well. Slow speeds ftw lol

Is this the part I need to adjust?
p4pb7309317.jpg

Back