how good r they

You know, I look at the discussion of in-frame mounts vs GEBE rack type mounts, and I have to ask - WHY?

In-frame makes a lot of sense. It gets the engine mass low, it puts it in a semi-protected spot in the event of a spill, and it leaves the rear rack space for cargo. The GEBE ring doesn't care what angle the engine is at - what matters is that it be properly aligned and snug, to prevent belt jumping.

The tadpole I am working on is going to be GEBE powered, with the engine right at hub height straight ahead of the wheel, and the whole thing monoshock suspended. By putting a pair of identical sprockets on my pivot axle for the rear suspension I avoid the need for a chain tensioner, and the rear hub will be a 3 speed Shimano internal rear end. The seat will be on a short suspension rig, able to absorb yet more of the road shocks. A pair of front disc brakes, and a pair of headlights that mount to the upper ends of the kingpins will give me good visibility that steers with the trike - I figure on using a pair of 12 volt gel cell batteries in parallel to give me at least 8 hours of lights front and rear.

I was planning to construct an integral rear rack as a part of the rear suspension, but have decided that isn't necessary immediately - if my health ever gets to where I can do some long distance touring that will be time enough.

Last edited:
firstly, it's my opinion that these engines weigh so little that c-o-g just isn't an issue. shoot, my butt weighs more than the tanaka, what do i care where the engine is? imo.

having said that, i agree with you...if my frame was a tad longer (a matter of pedal clearance) my gebe mount would be anchored on the chain-stays. cargo-master's considering an extracycle extension for his puegot and just this afternoon we discussed using this method for his gebe setup.

Last edited:
well if i got the motor with the belt or the rollers i wouldnt be able to put my panniers on my bike in the back and i would half to run a trailer or something or i guess i could get a push trailer instead but i use comfort bike in stead of road bikes road bike seem to fragile for my 200 lb body and 60 lbs of gear by the way i was photo245 lost my log in so had to re sign up but any way this cruiser i got is my learning curve bike it is a lot different than peddling to balance yourself and the motor weight isnt to bad my problem comes in on clutching and braking all at the same time i try to apply my clutch then brakes but since my coasters dont work good with out the handle attached to the frame i gotta get some clamp brakes and hope that works i've had it for a good month and just now getting it to where i can ride it with out much problems im 37 and never rode a motor cycle so this is my iniation in to the world of motorized to wheel hotrods:bowdown:

here is my touring bike i used im going with something different soon

Attachments

• packed up.jpg
    packed up.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 346
I went non-motorized tour biking for 2 summers (~5-6 months each), before switching to MB. I think non-motorized is a good experience. I didn't lose too much "storage" by going with a Staton friction drive. I roped a basket on the mounting bracket and U-bracket, so i only lost the one side. Plus you can use the top of the Black housing. One year i had a real Jed Clampett bike with a childs golf bag with a guitar bungeed to the top of the housing bracket.

heres my motorized bike. rode it all day today tighning up every thing and adding thick foam rubber in places that vibrated. I got all the rattles stopped and actually hit 33 mph with it today. Never gone that fast on a bicycle before the cops never said a word. I even sat there and talked to two of them . Talked about mileage and type of oils and general chit chat. Then fired up and went riding again .They told me to be careful and keep on my helmet .

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 323
oh yes it gets 8ozs of oil to every gallon of fuel and i mix it in the jug real good before i even pour it in my gas tank i wanna have it for a long time and i got a extra plug for it in case i need it i love it it is a lot of fun im wanting to build a non powered trailer to add to it i got a great idea how im gonna do it to it will be a single wheel trailer to ride this thing to go camping on this year with 4.00 gas i will leave the van home and just use this bad machine thats one reason i wandered how how good and dependable they were my camping spots are at lake wappapello mo im 50 mile one way from it and wanna have fun this spring

It looks like your computer reset bc. of the electrical interference. I had the problem for a long time. I think I have it solved now, by mounting the computer on a swath of electrical tape and using an RF choke (those magnets that go on TV cables and old computer monitors). I didn't like the fuel line that came with the kits. I think its just a temporary fix. It looks flimsy.

Thanks for the video. The motor sounds pretty quiet. Many of these bikes are quieter than pickup trucks and weedwhackers. Mine is kind of loud though. It keeps most animals out of the way but dogs have a taste for it.

Back