How I mounted my unit to the swingarm

Garp

Local time
3:11 PM
I adapted a reduction box and mounted it on the swingarm. I get no chain problems this way. And the c of g is where it should be.

Attachments

• bike 010 (Large).jpg
    bike 010 (Large).jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 362
I see. I was wondering how you allowed the bike to be pedalled without driving the gearbox. Looks like you have the chainring mounted to the shaft with a freewheel, but the pedals are connected to the output of the right angle box. Am I missing something?

On my setup I drove a 6 speed on a pusher trailer, so everything separated nicely. Be nice to do that with an inframe....or at least frame.....mount.

Thanks

Denny

I cannot reveal the mechanism at this point but I'm sure you'll work it out now that you've seen it work. It would be nice to build these from home as a business. I designed it so it could be built easily but developement was expensive and I put a lot of time into it.
This is not an advert by the way, just showing it off.

Bevel gears are lossier than spur gears. It's an easier thing to tolerate in a vehicle that has an abundance of motor power than it is in a bicycle.

Chalo

I cannot reveal the mechanism at this point but I'm sure you'll work it out now that you've seen it work. It would be nice to build these from home as a business. I designed it so it could be built easily but developement was expensive and I put a lot of time into it.
This is not an advert by the way, just showing it off.

Gotcha. Gonna make me think, eh. :giggle:

Back