How is the weather in your neck of the woods

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Turtle Tedd, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Whats the weather like where you live this week..down here in Tampa Bay, Florida it is still in the 90s.....Had enough summer I am ready for a little wintertime...but not to much

2. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

its been unseasonably mild here... mid to high 70's and I am loving it.. We are in the middle of a freak storm right now. Crazy wind and dust.
  3. safe

safe Active Member

The midwest has been running 20 degrees below average temperatures this whole year. It's just plain cold and we are getting tons of rain all the time.

Remember when everyone thought there would be "Global Warming"?

What a crock... apparently ever since 1998 the temperature overall has been in decline in most places. They think it's related to the oceans and the fact that in a historical cyclical sense we are in the Ice Age phase direction of the cycle. So things are likely to get colder in the inland areas.

"Global Warming" is not even used anymore... it's "Climate Change".

It's changing to being really, really cold.... :santa2:
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  4. spad4me

spad4me Member

In my corner ,for three months of the year Arizona is unbearably hot 120 plus in the shade if there is any shade.

Now I enjoy 85 degree days. With brisk 75 degree nights.
    This mild climate will continue until January.
    Then a brief dip cooler.
    Finally spring is back still 85 degree days.

I do not miss snow .

This is the good time of the year for Arizona.
  5. augidog

augidog Banned

on the long beach peninsula it's going to be cold windy & rainy for the next 3 months, we won't see but a couple small dustings of real snow...we'll have the occassional power-outage, and once in a while the sun will come out to warm our toes...but if ya wanna ride, ya gotta suit-up...which we do, because we love riding.
  6. cpuaid

cpuaid Member

It's been raining off and on for the past 2 weeks. After the severe drought and unusually high temperatures we had earlier this year, no one here is complaining. Made it impossible for me to ride my Staton friction drive bike to work though. Need to start riding my full suspension MTB with the Gebe but she's too purdy to get dirty or wet!
  7. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Rain. Cool. Not at cold as Monday - dry but below freezing!
  8. Tinker1980

Tinker1980 Guest

After one summer-like week in August, it has rained almost every day in Tulsa. Lately it's just been misting, and cold.

9. give me vtec

well... looks like everybody nation wide is enjoying unseasonably cool temperatures and more than average rainfall. So much for global warming... maybe somebody should tell the Japanese.
  10. cpuaid

cpuaid Member

My wife is japanese and she told me to tell vtec thanks for letting her know. LOL.
  11. give me vtec

LOL... a funny guy huh? They are going nuts on "climate change" over there.

Now Honda is making hybrids instead of formula 1 cars... thanks sierra club. :sweatdrop:
  12. rkbonds

rkbonds Member

Staying in the mid to upper 70's here during the day waking up to around 60 :cool2: all that is great it's all the stinkin rain that just won't stop that's driving me crazy. Hard to get out and enjoy a ride in the rain.:veryangry:
  13. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

What, Kyoto isn't in France?

Weather here is cool and wet.

Just got a new motorcycle and can't ride it, maybe another few good riding days left. MB is probably going to get drained and fogged for the season.
  14. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Rain, thunder storms, rain, brief sunshine - repeat. That describes the last 45 days or so. It was 60 degrees and raining here this morning, this evening it is nearly 80 degrees and raining more. All the lakes and streams are at or near flood stage, and there is a cold front due in tonight - supposed to be in the mid-40's by morning with more rain.
  15. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

I live in Buffalo, I feel the Weather in my Neck every day! It SUX! Southern tier and N. PA are looking at the potential for a Dilly of a storm! Buffalo will be Sunny and a little colder!
  16. Youngbird

Youngbird Member

The weather here in Delaware is generally very temperate. Winters average about 40 in the daytime and can dip into the teens at night. Summers can be brutally hot into the 90s and low 100s with humidity in the 80-100% area. Not much winter snow here, but we have our share of rain. Today its 45-50 and very windy/rainey as we have a noreaster coming thru. That'll last for 3 days.

When tourists gripe about the weather we tell them...."wait 15'll change".
  17. machiasmort

If the words Nor'Easter make you fell happy and you think you should be decorating eggs soon, You might be a red neck!:jester:

How about some dammage reports guy's?
  18. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Had a little rain tonight..was in the 90s in Tampa Bay today..they say a cold front moving in this weekend..temps will drop into the 80s..that's good....don't know about these TV weathermen...should have the American Indians predicting the weather , i think
  19. RusticoRay

RusticoRay Member

Got up this morning to this, hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Attached Files:

20. machiasmort

In the NE they are saying it's going to be our typical winter precipitation and temp wise...

SE (FL) they are calling for cooler than adverage w/ more rain.