How many cc's to upgrade?

rkbonds

Local time
8:53 AM
My question is this I'm currently running a 24cc engine I have a 31cc engine I could use but, would it really be worth all the trouble of making new mounts drive assembly and everything. Or what would be the the minimum amount of cc's to provoke an upgrade. I know I want to be able to tell the difference I'm just not sure 6cc's is enough to validate all the trouble. :unsure: :-/

IMHO....
run what ya got.......
....................when it quits,,,,,,,
........................................build ya another!!

Use two!

Leave the existing engine as is, and install the bigger engine up on the other wheel.:D

On my bike I only have room for one engine (have a child seat on the back) but, my thoughts were leave things as they are unless I find an engine with a minimum of atleast 10cc or more than what I have now. Then keep the smaller engine for a back up in case something happens to the new one.

quality engines - no need for back up

unless I find an engine with a minimum of atleast 10cc or more than what I have now. Then keep the smaller engine for a back up in case something happens to the new one.

that seems to be a good thought RK

at least 10cc for a true chance of power

still thinking about my next upgrade - power wise
at least 10cc would be a minium

wouldn't wish to kept my current engine as a back up though
because - if I bought another quality engine such as this one already owned
should be no reason for a back up for a very long time
the quality engines should give years of trouble free performance
thus I would just add the new engine to another bike - have two

maybe take along a friend as we ride those things

Ok now I know exactly when to upgrade. Wait until your oldest son tears up his 50cc pocket bike (not his fault, front end problems) then take the back half and make a push trailer out of it. It becomes a win situtation for me because he no longer wants it anyway (he wants something bigger :unsure:).

This may be the easiest build ever. (I hope) I removed the front wheel which was the problem on the pocket bike and believe it or not the trailer hitch on my bike is the same width as the front wheel on the scooter :D This means 1 grade 8 bolt and rewire the kill switch and run a throttle cable and she's done! Sounds easy I just hope it works out that easy when I put it all together hopefully this weekend :cool: I'll post pics as soon as I'm done. I may also look into regearing it for a better (slower) speed for those cumbersome hills.

Here in Huntsville, Alabama everything with a motor has to be registered and insured so I'm just building for fun. If I get caught I'll just take it all off. So far when I have run into the cops they just kept right on going.

Back