How many here rode motorcycles first

Happy Valley

Local time
4:55 AM
How many here rode motorcycles at some time in their life or still do, before getting into MBs?

I did, had a bunch of bikes over the years and then a long gap before MBs.

I'm curious, anybody else ride MCs?

oh yes -- the long time love story of the motor with two wheels

first was a motor mini bike -- no pedals
aprox age 6 or 7 years old
hp 7 1/2 Power Craft engine -- feel in love with the first kiss

12 or 13 years old maybe ??
Honda 50cc 3 speed -- trail sprocket -- sweet little THING

and then yes -- getting back to your thread here
a lifetime of many many motor cycles
it would take a while to try and list them all
50,90,100,250,500,889,920,1250 cc

then a terrible crash on the two wheels with motor
500cc one lunger Yamaha -- down in the dirt around 20 years ago
large piece of head torn off -- gone

didn't ride for aprox 20 years
then due to some license issues
yes -- some of us here are not as good as you think
not all the time anyway
I got my motorized bicycle
fullfilled all my needs plus more -- bringing back again -- the love of two wheels with motor
drivers license has retured -- now carrying MB in back of pick up truck
riding many times a week

MM

Last edited:
Ive been riding motorbikes since I was a little kid. I rode motorcross at one stage everyday for 2 years (lived in the bush). I also raced motorcross for several years until I had a real bad accident in a Vintage Motocross event 3 years ago
When I was about 20 I bought my first Harley and I have had one ever since. Currently I own an original 68 FLH Police Special.
The weird thing is I enjoy the MB better (except for the breakdowns).

oh yes -- the long time love story of the motor with two wheels

a lifetime of many many motor cycles
it would take a while to try and list them all
50,90,100,250,500,889,920,1250 cc

now carrying MB in back of pick up truck
riding many times a week
MM

Yep, that's long time. Good to see you back in the saddle MM.
Biggest bike I owned was 1000cc and a real screamer.

Ive been riding motorbikes since I was a little kid. I rode motorcross at one stage everyday for 2 years (lived in the bush). I also raced motorcross for several years.....

Yeah me too, raced Moto in the 250 class, had a Husqvarna then a CZ. That was enough years ago when the Euro bikes were tops before the Japanese factory team bikes pretty much owned it all.

I'm curious how many MBers had motorcycles before in their lives and already experienced speed on two wheels.

Two kinds of 2 wheelers in this world. Those that have fallen and those that will. Got my first Harrley D. when I was only 14 years old !

I started on dirt bikes at 11, and was always doing crazy stuff on bikes too. I lived in the mountains of Washington State, and as a teen we took old schwinns with knobby tires up into the trails before mountain biking was really heard of. I got my first street bike at 16, and always had one of some type until about 35. My last was a 2001 F4i 600 sport bike. I am looking at a fair commute in the future, and may try the MB, but I am leaning towards a motorcycle. I just feel safer with the power to maneuver around the cagers better. I am also a hot-rodder, and love all sorts of engines. As a kid I cut grass for car $$$, and loved tinkering with those engines too.

I currently ride sportbikes. I have a Buell XB12R Firebolt and a Honda Interceptor. A few more before that and they have always been sportbikes. At some time in my life I owned two of the fastest production motorcycles available.

I still like speed and am very much addicted to it. However, all the time I have been a motorcycle rider I have also been a bicycle rider. I enjoy the physical aspect and efficiency of the bicycle and for some strange reason, I enjoy going much slower as well. I guess it's possible to be addicted to speed yet enjoy slower speeds. I believe this is because bicycling is very much a personal sport. Unless you ride in groups all the time, most of the time you ride a bicycle alone and there is nobody else around you. Okay. Other vehicles are around you but they are in another "dimension" and you can break away from them and ride another path where they are unable to go.

I still do not have my MB but I am waiting in anticipation for its arrival, hopefully next week. I still plan to ride my Mountain Bike for fun and fitness. The MB will simply be a fun toy to supplement the motorcycles.

Not for a while... I traded a shotgun for my first bike, a good 'ol Honda S-90. That was about 1969. We put a big rear sprocket on it and I flogged it around the "river" property my dad had then.
Caught the bug and went through a bunch of both off-road and street bikes; the last one I had was a 1973 Suzuki 550 triple two-stroke.
I've mostly been into bicycles since then.

Back