How many man laws are we breaking.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sabrewalt, Jun 13, 2008.

1. sabrewalt

sabrewalt Guest

I was talking to my son about what car he is going to buy when he graduates college... I mentioned Prius... He said sorry Dad, no man points on that car.
    Bill Ingvall has a great skit on how much of a loser he looks like on the Scooter his wife bought him. So my question to the boys on the group is:

If a scooter requires that you tie a pink sweater around your waist when you ride it, how many man laws are we breaking by riding these motored bikes... IE what are our brethren saying under their breath when we drive by.

Just a reality check... I thought about faking not owning one and asking John Q. Public what they thought.

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Boys worry about appearances - men do what they want, so long as it isn't hurting someone else. I don't worry about fashion, or wonder what the neighbors will think about what I drive, I just do what I want to do.

3. Motoredbikes are MAJOR man points.

Look at the first Harley. 1903HD.JPG

Look familiar?

Bikers give you the thumbs up. At least I get them riding MOOP.

Cronus gets the nod too.

Don't EVER think for even a SECOND that a scooter is comparable to a Motoredbike.

A Motoredbike is the Ford Model T of MOTORCYCLES.

And that is SERIOUS man points.

Man,if Harley brought back that bike,they would give Whizzer a run for it's money.

More man points to consider here.

You BUILD a Motoredbike. You BUY a scooter.

Yes. Motoredbike ownership ADDS Man points.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2008
  4. sabrewalt

sabrewalt Guest

Manlaw!!

"SO SHOW THAT THIS DAY The Judge called LARGE has declared that riding Mb's are equal to owning NFL Football tickets on the 50 yard line..... MANLAW!!

5. eljefino

eljefino Member

I look at riding an MBC as performance art. To that end whatever I wear is my costume... from no thought at all, which looks like white-trash redneck, to a dapper english gentleman in a tweed suit with a bow tie.

So in actuality I don't feel like such a wuss.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2008
  6. Alan

Alan Member

Cronus ? Moop ? Naming them = mandatory manpoint deduction.:lol::lol::lol:

7. RATRODER

RATRODER Guest

SO,tell Chuck Yeager he is a wuss,he named his P51 and the Bell x1. louis

8. Alan

Alan Member

I'm not calling anyone a wuss, just a friendly ribbing.

But alright here goes: Chuck Yeager, you are a wuss.

There, I said it. :p

9. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Yeah I never understood the bigger and more expensive is better mentality. I think lots of scooters are cool like the Ruckus anyways. I've never been big on "manpoints" for the most part its just the guys nuts dictating what he does with his money.

10. Naming your rides is MAN LAW!!

Look at Christine.

That's a mean m@#$%# watch your mouth!

And Men be naming their rides for centuries.

11. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

well said!!

Truth...I dig it!

white-trash redneck?? I resemble that remark!! :lol::lol::lol:

Chuck Yeager rocks!!

stop it....:lol::p

I agree.

Right on!!
    and we'll continue to name them......

if anyone needs me, I'll be out riding "Buttercup". :p

12. kaploink

kaploink Member

I think motorized bicycles are somewhat free of the unmanly stigma that often gets attached to vespas and other scooters. Sure the engines are small and the speeds are low, but the tinkering image makes up for those image problems. So instead of looking at the bike and scoffing, they look at the bike and think thats something that would be cool to build.

13. Schwinncruiser

Schwinncruiser New Member

I've come to the realization that if I cared about what everyone else thinks, I would be in my house all the time and watching tv spotting the trends; In other words, while Joe Schmo is filling up his H2, I'll take the money I saved and go eat at Red Lobster with the misses. Not only that, but appearances can be deceiving. Sorry for the random thoughts.

Schwinncruiser

14. I actually DO care what people think which is why I ride.
    They KNOW I found THE way to stick it to the man.
    I get asked questions like "Do you commute with that?"
    And I tell them the last time I rode my truck was two weeks ago.
    Guys in loud Harley's don't give the thumbs up to scooter boys.
    But they sure give it to us.

15. enforcer505

enforcer505 New Member

i think your son needs to grow up and not care what other ppl think. way i see it is if you can save money anyway u can, he is the man! living is getting expensive so why spend more then u have too? i drive my MB all over the place, why? because i need to save. just 1 month i save $300. times that by 12 its $3600 a year! that pays for bills and expenses and i have money in the bank if i ever need anything.

my grandfather told me "you can drive a Ferrari, but u r the sucker who has to pay for it!"

16. sabrewalt

sabrewalt Guest

Males Growing up - Son Growing up.

I've never heard of a male growing up. Have you??? He's 21 and full of himself.... He's already accomplished more that I ever have and I am 56. I think I will give him a pass on maturing for now. He will figure it out in his own time or when he runs out of money from buying 3 + dollar gas.

17. WOAH! Look at the first Indian! 1902 indian motorcycle.jpg

Is that a freewheel hub?

Double sprocket too. I bet that back rim is fixed.

1902 already had the answers.

See to the growing boy,a Motoredbike is a cool contraption.

A nice transition between a bicycle and a Motorcycle.

Most youngans will evolve eventually into a Motorcycle.

But to the older man that already has a motorcycle,

A Motoredbike is to go back in time.

Back to the simple times in life

When no one was in a hurry

And you have all day to enjoy life.

A real man is one that can enjoy life.

Man,I would make an AWESOME Motoredbike salesman.

18. bikejohn

bikejohn New Member

Personally, I think that all of you are getting a bit carried away on the "man" thing ;). As Dave Barry once said: "Men are who you want running the country. Guys are who you want running your next party."

Give me a bunch of guys to hang with any day.

19. Alan

Alan Member

20. The Duke will always get Man Points.

That first pic makes me want to disrupt our local Target store for some reason.