How many miles does your push trailer tire last?

M

macarollo

List type of tire, size of tire, and how many miles you got out of it.

Type: Yellow no flat tire (not for highway use)
Size: 10"
miles: 170

Mine is starting to tear apart. It appears that there is a soft foam inside with a harder rubberish outside... my outer rubber is wearing through revealing the foam which is getting torn up on the streets. I am going to switch to a regular air tire.

Type: Tricam no flat foam
Miles: maybe 10
I killed my tire on the first day....could not handle the load I gave it.

Type: 4.10 x 3.50 studded rubber tire with tube
Miles: over 30 heavy throttle miles and counting...
I hammer on this little tire and it hooks up so well that it will make the trailer hop off the ground.
That's when I know I am giving it too much throttle.
I am going to try lowering the tire pressure to see if that helps.

Last edited:
Today I tested another tire:

Type: Harbor Freight "Heavy Duty" pneumatic tire
Miles: about 10, I could probably squeeze another 10-20 out of it, but why risk it?
yikes....I was gonna get a sawtooth tire from HF when my tire wears out....not any more:D
I paid $11 for my studded tire from mfgsupply
http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/8-341.html?id=Pf3UGS9Z

There might be a cheaper source out there for these studded tires.

Great thread Mac thanks for the Video. Very informative. The tire issue is very important to the durabulity of the build. I have the $4 tire form HF for my build but it looks like it will only be used for mock up. It actually feels like plastic rather then rubber. I also saw a 15" Foam Amerityre tire at HF that i think Znsane has used on his brothers trailer. Maybe he'll post some of his insite on what he's used through his builds.

Thanks again Macarolla for taking the time to post your info and video.

Last edited:
I purchased a new tire from a scooter store today. They said it should last 1000 miles, but I have no idea. IT was a normal air tire, but it DID NOT say "NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE" on it. I also got a new inner tube for it.

This was just before I sold my push trailer... I didn't want to give it to him with a shot tire.

I purchased a new tire from a scooter store today. They said it should last 1000 miles, but I have no idea. IT was a normal air tire, but it DID NOT say "NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE" on it. I also got a new inner tube for it.
nice
How much $?
10 inch diameter?
What brand?
Is the scooter store local?
Any pics?

More questions later :D

Cost: $17.99- thought it was a little steep, but I was selling the bike later that day and had little other options.
10" diameter.

Not sure about brand.
All about scooters in Tallahassee, FL.

No pics, bike is gone already.

What really got me... Before I swapped the tires out I was thinking maybe the reason my HF tire burned out so quickly because it was over inflated... so I let air out.... too much by accident. Took it for a ride, spun on the rim and ripped the valve stem off the inner tube.

As the buyer was on his way to my house I ran back to the scooter store to get an inner tube... they robbed me... $8.50 for the tube, but I had no option. MY HF entire tire, rim, and inner tube was only $4.50.

Back